+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Page 87

Cubbiefan is offline Needs to say Hello! Cubbiefan is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Page 87

I think that page 87 is one of the most important in the book.

It states," Suddenly, the sky shone as bright as day, and Zac could see the Great Forest more clearly than he had ever seen it before and he looked at the Forest in a new way. He could see things that he had never seen before and he took those things and filled the small boxes with them."

That is how Zac finds the jewels. And in the beginning of the book Stadther writes, " Anyone who can read can discover the exact location of each treasure--*just* the way one of the characters does in the story."

My Ideas:

*To see the Great Forest clearer, you need sunlight in dark, or maybe moonlight in dark
    *You need to look at "the Forest" in a new way (maybe upside down, mirror, etc) to find new things (letters, words)
    *You need to put what you find into a five by five square, just as it says above the paragraph above
    *Maybe Zack can see fairies now, and you must fill in the boxes of the square with fairies, or maybe the letters that the fairies carry
    *I believe that will lead you to a name, and then, as it says in the poem, the fairies will lead you directly to the token.

Let me know what you guys think and forgive me if all of these have already been posted.

RyanR100 is offline Needs to say Hello! RyanR100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I think decihpering the dream sequence is the first step to understanding the book's code.

SM is talking directly to us in the Foreward and explicitly points us to this section of the book before the story begins. It would seem logical, then, to start cracking the code on pages 86 and 87.

To me, the key section is the phrase "Moon like moon like. Dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling". IMO, That phrase has serious significance and it MUST be decoded first before delving into deciphering clues to each token.

kaodoo is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper kaodoo is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say it is being pointed to in the prologue do you mean when it says "just the way one of the characters does in the story" ?

RyanR100 is offline Needs to say Hello! RyanR100 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say it is being pointed to in the prologue do you mean when it says "just the way one of the characters does in the story" ?

Yes, there are two places in the book where MS talks directly to us, the readers. One is the Appendix and the other is the Foreward.

IMO, MS is pushing us to a starting point to the puzzle, and he's doing it clearly and directly before the story has begun.

icemanjs5 is offline Junior Twelever Copper icemanjs5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's an interesting thought. Have you guys ever done one of those puzzles where they have a picture broken up into many smaller boxes. Then you draw each one of those pics together, and it reveals the larger picture? Maybe that's what the 5x5 puzzle is.

Maybe we're supposed to look at small square pictures (knotholes?) and draw them together in the 5x5 grid to reveal a larger picture?
    Good Luck all

buckleberryfaerie is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper buckleberryfaerie is an unknown quantity at this point

To see the Great Forest clearer, you need sunlight in dark, or maybe moonlight in dark
    I woke up one night with the moon shining on my face, and could not settle back down until I perused the book in nothing but moonlight.
    I got nothing out of it, though... but crossed eyes.

bizzymom is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze bizzymom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default you know...

I am sure this is significant - but the more i think of it - I think it is in a different way than others. (probably just my tired ramblings again)
    BUT - it occured to me last night (as I was drifting off to sleep ironicallY) that it was not really the moonlight that helped Zac find the jewels - it was just that he looked at things differently. I mean literally in the dream the light helped - but it was really the dream that made him see things differently. To me the meaning is that there will be a point at which we start looking at the book differently and seeing things WE never saw before IN THE BOOK.
    You know how they have those paintings that can either look like an urn or two faces and depending on who looks at it - you see different things - but suddenly when you know what to look for you see the OTHER picture? Hope I am making myself clear.

It is just that really the moonlight did not show Zac where the treasures were - the dream just showed him a new way to look at things.

What does the song mean? I don't know - I am sure it is significant but I think it is just a piece.
    just lil ol me

Jessnet3 is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Jessnet3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe a new light could be a black light?

buckleberryfaerie is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper buckleberryfaerie is an unknown quantity at this point

There is actually a black light topic around here somewhere... maybe in useful tools... you could do a search... I am sure I read one yesterday.

sbawden is offline Needs to say Hello! sbawden is an unknown quantity at this point

the book says "just the way one of the characters does in the story" and it seems like everyone is assuming that the author is referring to Zac. However, remember that they are also discovered in the cave, and moved and hidden in the jewelry box, then discovered by Ana before they are discovered by Zac. I think he was vague on purpose. Which character that discovered them is he referring to and which process?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast