+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Filling the box

Griffyn612 is offline Needs to say Hello! Griffyn612 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Filling the box

Okay, maybe it's been said before, but maybe it's good to reiterate.

Page 87, paragraph 3

The sky shone as bright as day, and Zac could see the Great Forest more clearly than he had ever seen it before and le looked at the forest in a new way. He could see things that he had never seen before and he TOOK THOSE THINGS and filled the small boxes with them.

Page 94, paragraph 6

Then- in a rush, as if dawn had broken bright as noon, all of ana's thoughts filled Zac's mind. He understood not only her love for him, and grief for Pook, but also her conversations with Yorah, what had become of the lost buttons and missing socks- and the Fairies. He now knew that the Fairies were real.

And now that he believed inthem - HE COULD SEE THEM.

I'm sure we have to fill the boxes with the Fairies, but what fairies? The letters they point to in the chapter boxes? the fairies in the nomenclature of fairies? somebody help take the next step.

Ziegm1 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Ziegm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

P I C K E
    N R O O T
    E R K O O
    T E N S T
    O O P I T

or

K O O T E
    N S T O O
    P I T P I
    C K E N R
    O O T E R

Insterestingly, and not sure if it means anything, 2,4 5,1 5,2 are always O
    1,5 is E
    2,1 is N

Indiana_Jones is offline Needs to say Hello! Indiana_Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

you forgot the S in pickenSrooter

IwanttheHummingBird is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Peridot
    IwanttheHummingBird is an unknown quantity at this point

doesn't that throw evenything off? oh well...also, I was thinking the same thing and wrote FaeriesFaeriesFairiesFair but got Nothing. oh well.

weepixel is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    weepixel is an unknown quantity at this point

It can't be the fairies. He wasn't able to see them, as you have shown, until later in the story. So at that point, with the box, he was still unable to see them. I think you fill the grid with the forest creatures, and he used them to find the jewels.

-pix

lecia1212 is offline Twelever Silver lecia1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default hmm

maybe he filled the boxes with the jewels mates.
    The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

maybeary is offline Needs to say Hello! maybeary is an unknown quantity at this point

Fairies make perfect sense in this situation. In Zac's dream he see's the things to put in the box right after Pook is crystalized. In the story the fairies are the first thing Zac see's (that he hasn't seen before), after Pook is crystalized.

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by weepixel
    It can't be the fairies. He wasn't able to see them, as you have shown, until later in the story. So at that point, with the box, he was still unable to see them. I think you fill the grid with the forest creatures, and he used them to find the jewels.

-pix
    Pix... I like this idea. Now to find where Zac finds each creature!
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

deboriole is offline Twelever Silver deboriole is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, it has to be fairies. But what did he put in the dream box, fairies? The 5x5 box at the top of this page is the perfect place for some letters...

Perhaps the ones at the beginning of each chapter (13) INSIDE EACH BOX. That means we need to include "TH(E)" from page 63 and "(T)here" from page 66. But half of "There" is outside the box, maybe just take "The" and leave the "re" out?

We are left with 17 letters, perfect for the box. Scroll down, I couldn't get this to move up.

<table cellpadding="5" valign="top"><tr>
    <td bgcolor="black">bb</td>
    <td bgcolor="#99CC99"> Z </td>
    <td bgcolor="orange"> F </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#99CC99"> D </td>
    <td bgcolor="orange"> B </td>
    <td bgcolor="lightblue"> S </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="orange"> O </td>
    <td bgcolor="#99CC99"> T </td>
    <td bgcolor="orange"> Y </td>
    <td bgcolor="#99FF66"> T </td>
    <td bgcolor="lightpink"> H </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#9999CC"> E </td>
    <td bgcolor="orange"> T </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="pink"> H </td>
    <td bgcolor="#009966"> E </td>
    <td bgcolor="#CC6600"> R </td>
    <td bgcolor="#FFFF99"> T </td>
    <td bgcolor="#999999"> R </td>
    </tr></table>

sk8tingmom is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sk8tingmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always liked the idea of putting the creatures in the box. Maybe the fairies. I did find one other possibility of what Zac saw. Hope I can explain this.

I know Zac saw trees before. He saw them as living things he used in his work but, he never saw them as Ana saw them _ with faces and a voice. In the dream it says "the singing seemed to come from the knotholes in the trees."

Could Zac have been looking at the trees in a new way? He saw things he had never seen before. Could he have been seeing their faces - the knotholes as eyes and a mouth?

Debz asks, where did Zac find the creatures? I know it's not quite this simple but on pg. 23 - spider web across knothole in gingko tree.

Please tell me if this doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast