+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Before noon tomarrow?

Chris is offline Needs to say Hello! Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Before noon tomarrow?

What is the point of telling us that he would find them before noon tomarrow? That is pretty fast considering he has a fortnight (two weeks) according to pg.82.

Ok lets do some math it was well after midnight when he fell asleep and started dreaming lets say around 2 or 3 AM and he would find them before noon the next day
    thats roughly 33 or 34 hours later.

I don't understand time cyphers but i think there might be one here. If anyone does could you please explain.

One other thing that cought my attention, it is their one year anniversary and just by coicidence it hasn't rained in the forest for a year. Is that a clue or is he trying to make a statement about mariage. Just Kidding
    [/code]

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Be prepared for long dry spells? LOL! :P
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

Jessnet3 is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Jessnet3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Chris...

12 is mentioned throughout the story... I composed a list of all the spots under the Text category. Maybe it will help you sort some things out

JenBoBo is offline Junior Twelever Bronze JenBoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have thought about this, too. Another way to think about it could be that Zac needed to get to Rusful's cave/lab before noon... or in the a.m.

A lab... a.m..... Alabama?

ladyfeline is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver ladyfeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe we can only find the tokens between midnight and noon, then they're removed and put back again at midnight.

Just havin' funsies!

Hmmm, is that a possibility?

ladyfeline is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver ladyfeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, after thinking about it all night, perhaps that is a possibility. This would explain HOW he's monitoring them and HOW he knows when one is found and can give you 30 days from that point. We already went over the possibility that SOMEONE has to go check the locations at some point, why not everyday?

LBHunter is offline Needs to say Hello! LBHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

My son just said last night that maybe we need to look at night since MS tells us not to be afraid of the dark.
    Guess I need a big flashlight now

sprince is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sprince is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he wants us to hunt when the sun is in the east.

dazedandconfused is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper dazedandconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

The phrase about "finding them before noon" keeps bugging me, also. I've tried to think along he lines of shadows as mentioned. I tried to think of any institutions, organizations, or businesses that routinely close at noon, but came up empty. Then, keeping in mind the themes in the book, I thought about trees or flowers. There are some flowers that open and close at certain times. There is a website for children that mentions this at

http://www.smv.org/jil/mll/fivesix/M...ACG-bioclo.pdf

where it talks about biological clocks, and the garden of Linnaeus where the evening primrose flower opens by 6 am and closes by noon. I don't know if a token could be placed in or near such a flower, but was struck by the connection. Are there any other biological systems that sleep or close at noon?
    Dazed and Confused

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmm....

Sun Dial

Sun Clock

http://www.exploratorium.edu/science.../sunclock.html

http://www.exploratorium.edu/science...k_diagram.html

Yes, I love these "kids'" sites. Note, the instruction to go out at night and find the North Star. Twinkle Twinkle. Don't be afraid of the dark. By noon tomorrow.
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast