+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light through the page

lattago is offline Needs to say Hello! lattago is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Light through the page

When you look at this page through the light you can fill in some missing words. In full it reads:

Lunar orb on your
    WAY
    Around your circular
    EQUATION
    A celestial dance you must
    OBEY
    And reverse your current
    MOTION

I don't know what it means though

gelato is offline Junior Twelever Bronze gelato is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that page, along with others in the spell book, are just there so little kids can pretend they're casting spells like the characters in the story. If you read the story, that page is the spell that reverses the moon's orbit.

ohsolo is offline Junior Twelever Bronze ohsolo is an unknown quantity at this point

to me this suggests reverse motion of "natural" laws, or ways of doing things. The moon has to move a certain way through its phases during the month. Reading, at least in English, is done left to right and most everything we have been taught as English speaking is sort of thought of as left to right or clockwise. That is the "natural" order or progression for us. This spell is to tell the moon to reverse its direction and go opposite to its normal flow, so maybe that's what MS is trying to tell us to do- reverse our natural order of thinking. That paired with the way everything Dar says is repeated backwards makes me think this a very plausible way of looking at or reading/interpreting the info here.
    Why can't they say "Go to this place and here's the treasure. Spend it wisely"?

The Birthplace of Twing!

jbcobbs is offline Getting the hang of it. TwelevePlus
    Copper
    jbcobbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Default equation

The word equation stands out alot to me - maybe something having to do with circle equations like pi or something.

stramutt is offline Junior Twelever Bronze stramutt is an unknown quantity at this point

If you flip the pages and line up the Suns on top of each other the letters complete and very clearly read as previously stated. Not a startling revelation...but done with some purpose nonetheless..?

"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
    "I accept reality and dare not question it."
    ~Walt Whitman~

stramutt is offline Junior Twelever Bronze stramutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe...Disregard last post...I have scans of the pages so I can take notes on the pages...I did not realize these pages were already adjacent in the book.
    ~Walt Whitman~

I think we should invent a Dar award (sort of like the Darwins). I nominate myself for the first trophy....

...errr page 105....
    ~Walt Whitman~

pitcherkids is offline Needs to say Hello! TwelevePlus pitcherkids is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Celestial dance

The celestial dance may mean retrograde.

+ Reply to Thread