+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Images of Dar

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Default Images of Dar

The image of Dar on page 25 is like the one on the home page of the Dar forum. On my monitor it seems to be the same size. A smaller version (about half the size) is on page 68. Dar is pointing towards the moon when he casts the eclipse spells, but we are not told that Ana, Yorah and Zac point towards the moon when they cast their spells.

Another repeated image of Dar is the one on the cover which matches the one on page 20. In all those instances where Dar is holding the closed Book of Spells his forearm is covering the sun on the cover (like an eclipse).

On page 22 Dar is holding the open Book of Spells, and is pointing towards the moon. On page 75 he is trying to keep hold of the Book of Spells, and on page 86 he is falling. In all the images of Dar he is facing towards the right. I thought that facing to the right might mean facing the dark and facing left might mean facing light, but images of Ana and Zac are not consistently facing one way or the other.

Throughout the story and in the BoS there are aspects of 2: light/dark, good/evil, left/right, up/down, clockwise/anticlockwise, red/green, smile/frown, straight/curved ... Maybe there is some sort of underlying pattern for us to discover which will help connect things together.

CMSCHUT is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver CMSCHUT is on a distinguished road

Knocka,

I had noticed early on that the pictures in the text match up as opposites. I hope this helps I never found anything with it yet .

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Thanks, CMSCHUT. For a while I had in my mind that towards the right was Dark (as the direction Dar was facing) and towards the left was Light (Ana facing left on the cover for a start). On page 58 Ana is "facing" the right, but that is when she is picking the apples covered with mold (an aspect of the Dark). When Zac with Pook and Booger are off to attack Dar they head to the right, and when they are returning to Ana they are heading to the left.

I was also thinking that UP would be towards the light (as when Pook is rescued) and DOWN would be towards the dark (falling into the crevasse). However, not everything fits that pattern and it is important to see what is there rather than tryin to fit things to a preconceived notion.

CMSCHUT is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver CMSCHUT is on a distinguished road

Knocka,

I had never noticed that , but I did notice the Illustrations matched by opposites...Light/Dark , Good/ Bad etc.

I'm glad to see you are still working on this too. I hope others will Join in and maybe we can dicuss it more openly now and settle this sooner.

Carol

+ Reply to Thread