+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: page 41 ponderings

greenprincess is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    greenprincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Default page 41 ponderings

This page is one of the few pages that reminds me of ATT. Who could forget the infamous page 19, otherwise known as the 'tools' page? But that page was not used for one of the tokens. So did he use page 41 in DAR which is such an obvious reference to the ATT book?

Logically, then, he didn't use the tools page last time, so he might this time to throw us off. But he'd know we'd suspect that, so he wouldn't use it. But we would think of this and therefore ignore the page, so he would use it. But we've learned not to overlook anything and would not ignore it, and he knows this, so he wouldn't use it. But we know how he thinks and and that it'd be too obvious to use that page, so we would ignore it. Therefore he would use page 41 because it's the perfect place to hide something in plain sight.

My head hurts.

[/i]

searcher is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    searcher is on a distinguished road

You made mine hurt too!

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

That's a lot of "woods" and "wood knots".

linda47 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze linda47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default would or would not

greenprincess, now that made my laugh for the day. but it shows where we all might be mentally. Linda
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste!!!   So is chocolate.    over weight and dumb.!!!!!          

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like that dialogue from the Princess Bride, especially the dialogue about drinking the poison.

Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

Zuede is offline Junior Twelever Copper Zuede is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok not any good with morris code so....

when you fold this page at the notches on the left and right side of the page *** with the image in... the fold like falls right in a line from the opposite page.. one way kind of looks like morris code *** could someone attempt a translation please ).

Thanks

greenprincess is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    greenprincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by renart
    Sounds like that dialogue from the Princess Bride, especially the dialogue about drinking the poison.

Chris

Ooooo. you're right. My kids watched that movie a couple of months ago and I must have been subliminally inspired.

Actually if I had remembered that scene, I would have looked it up and 'adapted' it, because I remember it as having more levels.

shirleylock is offline Twelever Silver shirleylock is on a distinguished road

Default Re: page 41 ponderings

Quote Originally Posted by greenprincess
    This page is one of the few pages that reminds me of ATT. Who could forget the infamous page 19, otherwise known as the 'tools' page? But that page was not used for one of the tokens. So did he use page 41 in DAR which is such an obvious reference to the ATT book?

Logically, then, he didn't use the tools page last time, so he might this time to throw us off. But he'd know we'd suspect that, so he wouldn't use it. But we would think of this and therefore ignore the page, so he would use it. But we've learned not to overlook anything and would not ignore it, and he knows this, so he wouldn't use it. But we know how he thinks and and that it'd be too obvious to use that page, so we would ignore it. Therefore he would use page 41 because it's the perfect place to hide something in plain sight.

My head hurts.

[/i]
    I'm so proud to know you, gp! And, I'm scared that I understood every word you said.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Kimberton is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Kimberton is on a distinguished road

Default Pg 41

To me it looks like a church and the window like a cross (templar cross or celtic cross). The masonic items seem to fit with this theme also.
    Kimberton

Zuede is offline Junior Twelever Copper Zuede is an unknown quantity at this point

Default checkered hats

I would like to contribute to this wonderful forum that has increased my enjoyment of TSOTAD... this chapter/page is the key to a solve, I believe... here not only is mike telling us that he has used a table (mentioned in this chapter) but if you look at the fairies hats - I believe he is telling us how big to make the table.... now there are only two faries on this page that is wearing checked hats - one is definately oriented north to south and the other is definately oriented west to east, they each contain the same number of 'whole squares' ... my problem is how do we populate it now?? I hope this gives someone a break through and if it has already been adressed well i am sorry for the repeat.

Zuede

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast