+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hidden snails

spiggan is offline Good Twelever Platinum spiggan is an unknown quantity at this point

Default hidden snails

Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere else, but there are 2 hidden snails in the top border. So far these are the only obvious hidden creatures I see (probably missing the others).

Maybe not all the 87 "one of a kind" rings listed in the back are ladybugs? Maybe they all different creatures on them.

olliffusa is offline Junior Twelever Copper olliffusa is an unknown quantity at this point

most of the creatures are on the wooden blocks
    GO

spiggan is offline Good Twelever Platinum spiggan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes there are the 12 creatures on the 12 wooden blocks. Those are pretty obvious. But these Snails on this page are the only "hidden" creatures I've found so far. Has anybody seen any other hidden ones?
    The Snail has a spiral on its shell. There is also a spiral staircase around Yorah in the picture, hmmmm.

jclark3 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze jclark3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I read somewhere in the "rules" or something that there is a possibility of some of the (87) rings being different. I can't imagine them all being ladybugs. It was in the fine print in the book. Maybe someone double check me.

krakathepirate034 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    krakathepirate034 is on a distinguished road

Yes there are the 12 creatures on the 12 wooden blocks. Those are pretty obvious. But these Snails on this page are the only "hidden" creatures I've found so far. Has anybody seen any other hidden ones?
    The Snail has a spiral on its shell. There is also a spiral staircase around Yorah in the picture, hmmmm.
    On page 75, the borders are made up of the Pale Drophidians (snake things).

Yarr,
    Kraka
    "Haste makes waste, so I rarely hurry. But if a ferret were about to dart up MY dress, I'd run..."
    -The Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice

MPowers is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    MPowers will become famous soon enough

Spiggan,

I agree with you here. I see the two snails. Not sure what they signify, but my general comment is that it's interesting to see the forest creatures back for this story.

- MP

SummerChild is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze SummerChild is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by spiggan
    Y But these Snails on this page are the only "hidden" creatures I've found so far.  Has anybody seen any other hidden ones?
    Yes. Page 25.
    "Feel the sun and remember..."
                      --Ashlee Simpson

I'm looking there and can't see anything yet. Could you give a hint on where that is there? It looks like there could be something hidden in the top motifs--kind of looks like the end of a dragonfly tail but I can't find anything else to it.

After I saw the 2 Snails I scoured the book looking for more hidden creatures and couldn't find any, so I thought maybe there was some special meaning about the Snail. Since it has a spiral on its shell, like the spiral staircase on Yorah, I thought maybe its spiral could have something to do with the poem's "code for infinity". I had read somewhere that the spiral shape of a nautilus shell conforms to the Pythagorean "golden mean"--phi-- and the "golden rectangle". Also the Snail's spiral is is supposed to perfectly fit into the Fibonacci sequence, which is based on phi.

Anyway what I found out is that the chambered nautilus (a sea snail) has a biological clock based on the lunar cycle. The nautilus grows one chamber per every 29-day lunar cycle. At the end of each lunar cycle, the nautilus completes one chamber and goes to live in the next one. And on each individual day of the 29-day cycle, the nautilus grows a separate "lamination" inside the chamber, so that at the end of every month there are 29-30 laminations in the chamber.

The chamber is called a "septum". "Sept" is Latin for "seven". I think (not sure) that there are about seven chambers per 360-degree turn in the shell. The number 7 is used a lot on this page. There are 7 flowers per circle. The 7 leafy arcs on each side of the motifs behind the snails resemble the shape of a nautilus' chambers in a cross-section.

I'm not sure if a common land snail does the same thing. It might, since it's related. I'm thinking maybe their lunar "biological clock" could be why they are featured on this page.

SummerChild is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze SummerChild is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it is dragonfly, I think it is grasshoper because of the shape of the head. You are looking in the right place though.
    "Feel the sun and remember..."
                      --Ashlee Simpson

CMSCHUT is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver CMSCHUT is on a distinguished road

Snail is the only Hidden one I have been able to find . I did find The snail on Page 16 of the BOS. It is the Top half of the S in the drop cap is the shell , and the head and antennae are outsidr the dropcap . The antennae reach up to the word chant . I was thinking maybe we are supposed to look closely at what snail is saying ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast