+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clock

sixer13 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    sixer13 is on a distinguished road

Default Clock

It has been mentioned that this image possibly implies a clock and that Zac is sitting on 5 and booger on 7, with Ana's head on 12.

Could this image be a clue that a clock face will be used?

The page before this(47) is where the grouping of lines are similar to the hest year(4-3-3-2)- or-

starting at 'half'(at 3-2) and going back to the top- it would be 32-43.

The text reads on page 47-

"Zac and the doth played the game again and again, each TIME starting with a BOO and ending with a GRR."

IF the poem line 'A place to be, someone to see' is a hint at A=1,B=2,C=3, then..

BOO=32
    GRR=43

or 3+2=5 and 4+3=7

If we are starting at half(like the text lines could hint at for 32), or on a clock at 6, going around counter-clockwise,- wouldn't we be starting at BOO(5) and ending with a GRR(7)? The 6 being the actual start and end point.

Could then 32/43 be a code for infinity if we kept playing the game again and again?

sixer13

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

The circle on page 48 with 12 wreaths does lead to the idea of a clock. Other circles which have 12 positions could be the zodiac or the map in the background of BoS page 7 which shows 12 winds. The border around the Open/Close spell has 24 positions.

Following the A=1, B=2, C=3 etc numbers allocated to BOO & GRR could be 21515 & 71818.

Both parts have the pattern single letter followed by double letter. Thinking of morse code this could be 'dot dash' 'dot dash" which is 'A' 'A'. A good beginning makes a good ending?

There are a several places where there are actions repeated - Booger's flight in and out of windows, the Boo-Grr game, the picking of pippin apples.... They could all be hinting that repetition is needed for solving puzzles. Repetition of 3243 somewhere does seem a distinct possibility.

Silver

There are many different applications or interpretations of boo and grr,3243, or 12. What Im not so sure on is whether there are many ways they can all be linked together by using the text or poem.(even though I do have another way)

I found it interesting that by looking at the hest year as 32/43, that it could be linked to BOO and GRR by following a possible meaning of a line in the poem(A=1,B=2...)making that 32/43.

Then seeing the grouping of lines(4332), reading the text how two halves could swirl and combine(32/43), and putting/summing it all together with the image on page 48 as a clock possibility(5-7), made me go hmmmmm- these things could be connected by following simple things-but I understand it doesn't mean they are for sure.

In the last hunt of ATT,for example, there were many meanings possible of 'the secret is not half but it is not whole'. Was it 3/4 then? However, when connections started to be made with other things throughout the book, (and of course someone finding a token in a knothole), it became clear that 'knothole' was at least one meaning for this poem line.

sixer13

Emerald

I wasn't invovled in ATT.

Were there other meanings for 'the secret is not half but it is not whole' bsides the knothole one?

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by knocka View Post
    I wasn't invovled in ATT.

Were there other meanings for 'the secret is not half but it is not whole' bsides the knothole one?
    not now(that I know of)- but before all the pieces were put together to form a solution or meaning of the poem, there were many different theories on what it could have meant.

sixer13

Emerald

Thanks. That might mean that there may not be esoteric meanings hidden in the lines of the poem. Some might be just as they appear - reinforcements of conditions (don't damage anything). In others there may be word play such as similar sounding words - not/knot, whole/hole, see/C, someone/sum 1.

Back to the topic of this thread "Clock". Wreaths in 12 positions as for a clock. References to time in the story (and in the BoS). Markers on positions 7, 5, 12. Nothing much yet is beginning to gel.

Silver

within the text- if we start at BOO and IF that refers to 5, then we would have a starting point given for a cipher wheel- could be a clock, a compass or something else.

On page 41, it also could go along with the window plumbline point.

I realize more needs given, but this could be a start.

I like how in the BOS, chant spells can be cast at anytyme.

sixer13

the_cawcat is offline Needs to say Hello! the_cawcat is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

I am new to DAR, but I fix clocks for a living, so this thread caught my eye, but I must point out that many clocks from the 1800's do not feature numbers at all,and some of them have Roman numerals to boot.

I don't see any connection between the illustration with the wreath and a clock, it seems to be more of a sundial or a lunar calendar to me.

Also, some astronomical clocks have a single hand or even three.

the_cawcat

cardboard17 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper cardboard17 is an unknown quantity at this point

knocka the open/close spell pager border has 24 positions can you explain I can't 24 distinct anything on that page. let me know
    So Many questions, such few answers!

Emerald

There are clocks which do have 24 positions rather than 12. That means there could be the connection with time - 24 hours in the day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast