+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Background

Dragonflyluvr is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Dragonflyluvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Background

Has anyone but myself been perplexed with the backgrounds in the BOS? on this peticular page I find what looks like a gorilla,or something walking on all fours! Just a thought

Garbers*5 is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Garbers*5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they are bears.

I have started looking at the BOS in layers.

We have the following:
    Background
    Artwork
    Darklings modifications

I think the backgrounds have some relevance, but are not part of the puzzles. The puzzles are in the other layers.
    But where do the dots on page 6 go? Are they part of the artwork, or darklings blood, ink or mold?

Garbers*5 is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Garbers*5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, the dots are on page 16.

shecrab is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    shecrab will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Background

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflyluvr
    Has anyone but myself been perplexed with the backgrounds in the BOS? on this peticular page I find what looks like a gorilla,or something walking on all fours! Just a thought
    You can find most of the backgrounds in the BOS on raremaps.com listed under "catalogue" and the category "Celestial."

Click on the "full details" buttons and enlarge the pics to see them. Most of the backgrounds are antique maps. The one you can find easily is the one called "Windheads". That's the background for page 7. There are also some diagrams, particularly noticeable on page 8, 15 and 16, of a diagram of eclipses and triangles/angles, etc. You can actually see this background on the ATT website if you click on "new clues" for the STARZ clues games--it's very visible. It must therefore be from some image library available to web designers.

The other parts of the background appear to be round circle Celtic-style knotwork, and what are called "colophons", which are small printers' symbols that end chapters or articles; these are enlarged and sprinkled liberally about. and sometimes they are in red.

Frankly, my opinion is that the backgrounds are just that--backgrounds. It's like the one in back of the compass on the last page--just a tiled background image, not a magic-eye picture. I would be more excited if there was some discussion on why there are drawings of ladybug rings with different colored and oriented bugs, and ROUND red rings pictured every so often--not the actual red ring like the prize--these are round, not square, stones. And the ladybug rings pictured have differing numbers of spots on their backs.

Christin
    Visit my web site: http://christinkeck.webs.com
    CK or as they say in Spain, "Yes, What?"

CMSCHUT is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver CMSCHUT is on a distinguished road

Shecrab,

We are more than welcome to start a topic on the Ladybugs. I would enjoy looking into them . So let's get one started . Do you have anything to discuss about them or any ideas? Let's get chatting

Dragonflyluvr is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Dragonflyluvr is an unknown quantity at this point

SEE MY POST ABOUT LADYBUGS UNDER PG 81-85,MAYBE WE SHOULD MOVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE?

ana_stezia is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper ana_stezia is an unknown quantity at this point

Default :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who took the time to do some research on the acknowledgements.

+ Reply to Thread