+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: BORDER CODE

chwbcc is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze chwbcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Thanks

That actually helps alot. It doesn't actually get me any closer because I need an 8x8 or a 10x10 grid for my idea but it makes sense since the eclipse spells use this technique.

Thank you so much

chwbcc is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze chwbcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The answer is...

Ok I haven't made any progress over the past few weeks and I haven't seen anyone with any help so here is what I have found.

The border code around the picture is actually meant to be read upside down. (it acually makes it easier to see.)

There are 8 points to each cluster (7 berries and 1 stem)

There are 8 points on a compass.

The compass in the books of spells also has 7 letters and one Flor D' Lea (?sp?) This is the northern position.

Hence this is a directional code. Each purple berry represents a direction on the compass with non-purple berries being North.

The code read upside down left to right is:

S
    SW
    S
    NE
    W
    S
    W
    NW
    NE
    NE
    S
    S
    S
    E
    NW
    NE

S
    SE
    SE
    SW
    SW
    SE
    S
    S
    N
    S
    N
    S
    N
    E
    W
    SW

W (Questionable cluster)

If I had an 8x8 grid these coordinates could translate into a numerical pattern, If I had a 10x10 grid I could plot a course through a grid of letters. (I haven't found any letters that fill a 10x10 grid yet) (the coordinates map 10 places high and low if you start at a point of 0 and follow the directional paths.)

I hope this helps someone!

Kimberton is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Kimberton is on a distinguished road

Default p93-94

Great work.

BTW the words you are looking for are Fleur (flower) de Lis (?lily) a symbol of the French royalty.
    Kimberton

Cool thanks! Now if I could only figure out what to do with these directions I would be another step closer to probably another puzzle! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4