+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forest Creatures on page 94

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Default Forest Creatures on page 94

The crescent arch with the moon in the centre contains silhouettes of 9 of the 12 Forest Creatures on either side. The two sides are not identical - there are minor differences in the silhouettes and the colouring of the tiles varies.

9 are represented: 3 x 3. One trio is missing - Spider, Dragonfly and Hummingbird. 26 letters to make their names, 17 of them different (17 pairs of bunches of berries in the border). Names of the 9 have 56 letters, 17 or them different (not the same 17), 9 letters not represented. Perhaps a code would match the two groups of 17 letters.

The moving purple tile: in another post I listed my results when attempting morse code: TIME TO "SORT" (sort being an anagram). Reading in the opposite direction I got T MONITORS (once again using an anagram). Not very satisfactory results.

I also experimented with the letters from the toy blocks of the 9 Forest Creatures. Using an extra O (from the berry on the nose of the moon) I formed THE SEARCH FOR A CODE. The letters for the other 3 could make LIST ME.

The 9 Forest Creatures seem to connect with the 9 leaves in each corner. The moon, however, has 7 "ribbons" from it and the fronds have 7 sections. The bunches of berries each have 7 berries. The four sets of red flowers in the bottom border each have 7 flowers. There are also 7 red tiles in the bottom border. Around the web there are 7 threads visible going round making all the W's - there may be an 8th one which we don't see. Fairly strong indicators to 7 on this page.

corgipower is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    corgipower will become famous soon enough

wow knocka that sure is a lot of sevens!!!

the first thing that makes me think of is the g man...LOL
    Attached Images

Learn about this threat to your pets! Stop Animal Rights ~ Legislative Alerts
    dog training
    My Dog Votes!
    Corgi - Free to a good home. Trained, bad hips, bad shoulders, can no longer do anything he was taught. Allergic to everything. Hates everything. Very mean little dog.

Emerald

I didn't know who the g man was or what the connection might be - Garth Brooks, Sevens (album). Sevens has a stronger association with rugby in my mind. Seven of Nine is a crewmember in Star Trek: Voyager.

Needless to say, I don't think any of those have anything to do with page 94. Stronger connections may be in the fields of astronomy (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) (Pleiades) or time (7 days in a week) or mathematics (7 is 12 in base 5).

corgipower is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    corgipower will become famous soon enough

i agree that garth is unrelated to dar, it's just what goes thru my head before my first cup of coffee

Learn about this threat to your pets! Stop Animal Rights ~ Legislative Alerts
    dog training
    My Dog Votes!
    Corgi - Free to a good home. Trained, bad hips, bad shoulders, can no longer do anything he was taught. Allergic to everything. Hates everything. Very mean little dog.

Emerald

Default Forest Creatures on arch page 94

The 9 Forest Creatures are in the order: Ladybug, Ant, Firefly, Bee, Beetle, Grasshopper, Butterfly, Caterpillar, Snail.

The order of the Forest Creatures could be giving an order for the blocks, in particular the order in which to read the poem.

The Forest Creatures are "head to tail" which suggested to me looking at first and last letters.
    First letters: L A F B B G B C S
    Last letters: G T Y E E R Y R L

Nothing apparent to me from those letters when keeping them in the order given.

The purple tiles are between some of the Forest Creatures. I listed the last and first letters of the Creatures on either side of a purple tile.
    Left side: (B E) (G Y) (B R) (C L) (S).
    Right side: (L C) (R B) (E B).
    This did not show me anything.

Five purple tiles on the left, three on the right. Perhaps they indicate five Forest Creature for ARISE and three for DESCEND.

Emerald

Default Page 94 Morse Code experiments

Five of the Forest Creatures in the arch fly, four do not. F N F F F N F N N. I experimented with morse code using dash for flying and dot for not flying which gave -.---.-..
    That could be separated into - .- -- . -.. (TAMED)
    Using dot for flying and dash for not flying gave .-...-.-- That could be separated into .- ... - . -- (A STEM).

There are a number of different interpretations when experimenting with morse where there are no breaks given.
    Using the purple tiles as breaks on the left hand side: -.---.-.. would be separated into -.-- -. - . . which is YNTEE.
    Using the purple tiles as breaks on the left hand side: .-...-.-- would be separated into .-.. .- . - - which is LAETT.
    Using the purple tiles as breaks on the right hand side: -.---.-.. would be separated into -.-- -.- . . which is YKEE. (This looked promising as Key East)
    Using the purple tiles as breaks on the right hand side: .-...-.-- would be separated into .-.. .-. - - which is LRTT.
    Reverse order on right hand side:
    Using the purple tiles as breaks : ..-.---.- would be separated into . . -.- --.- which is EEKQ.
    Using the purple tiles as breaks on the right hand side: --.-...-. would be separated into - - .-. ..-. which is TTRF.

cw0909 is offline Good Twelever Platinum cw0909 is an unknown quantity at this point

just a little different view on this puzzle, everytime i look
    at this, all i see is 26 ..hummingbird, spider, dragonfly
    it seems to point out the critters that arent there and
    there count of 26 letters. and count of letters for the
    critters shown ...61 maybe pg 61 [no acorn]
    maybe the order of critters is on pg 61 and instructions
    are from pg 61, we will attack and confiscate book. that is all.
    then what
    dont know the book screams alpha and numbers

Emerald

There are three Forest Creatures which are not shown, as cw0909 reminds us. There are 26 letters in the words Hummingbird, Spider, Dragonfly, of which 17 are unique - ABDEFGHILMNOPRSUY. (Those three do all appear on page 62 in a triangular formation.)

There are 62 letters in the words which make the names of the nine Forest Creatures shown, of which 18 are unique - ABCDEFGHILNOPRSTUY.

The total number of letters in the names of the twelve Forest Creatures is 88 (8 x 11). The number of unique letters is 19.

Letter in the first list, but not in the second: M.
    Letters in the second list, but not in the first: C, T.

Lots of instances relating to the alphabet and to numbers can be found here.

Emerald

I was looking at the arch on page 94 and thinking about the moon in the centre. In ATT 25 letters of the alphabet were used in the 5x5's (Q was omitted). The central letter out of 25 letters would be the letter M (for moon).

Two important characters in the book are Ana (A) and Zac (Z). Start at A (Ana), finish at Z (Zac) with M (the Moon) in the middle?

Page 94 is an illustration for the rescue of Pook, following the casting of the Arise spell. On the arch the Forest Creatures are rising towards the moon. The colour and shape of Pook reminds me of the moon too.

Emerald

Another thought about these Forest Creatures on the arch: there are nine of them. Perhaps they represent the digits 1 to 9.
    1. Ladybug.
    2. Ant.
    3. Firefly.
    4. Bee.
    5. Beetle.
    6. Grasshopper.
    7. Butterfly.
    8. Caterpillar.
    9. Snail.
    The toy blocks appear in the order: Grasshopper, Bee, Butterfly, Firefly, Hummingbird, Ladybug, Spider, Snail, Ant, Dragonfly, Beetle, Caterpillar. Assigning numbers to these we would get: 6473-1-92-58. Hummingbird, Spider, Dragonfly could be spaces or zeroes or something else.

I know 64 happens to be the telephone country code for New Zealand. 7 would then be the area code for Tauranga. A legitimate phone number in Tauranga New Zealand would then have seven digits. However, I do not think this would be such a telephone number. If the numbers are valid they may mean something else.

6473 1 92 58: Using the letters assigned to the numbers on page 2:
    TRSC S FE EO, which of course is SECRETS OF, because that is what the first nine numbers were. The different order of letters didn't produce anything useful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast