+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Pook in center of jewels

  1. #1
    d22m22's Avatar
    d22m22 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper d22m22 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20

    Default Pook in center of jewels

    Sorry if this has been discussed, but now that we have what are presumed to be all twelve locations for the tokens, I've taken the coordinates and averaged them to find a mathematical center. I've done this based on the statement (to paraphrase) that once pook was crystalized, he was in the center of the other jeweled creatures. This leads to an area slighly northwest of Jefferson City, MO.

    I've also looked at taking just the 4 'extreme' locations, and averaging them (furthest north and south, averaging those, furthest east and west, averaging those), and came up with a location more due north of Jefferson City, MO.

    I realize this is outside of 5x5'ing, and I'm of the opinion that Pook will have a 5x5. I was only hoping to spark some discussion, and see if anyone else has done something similar.

    D

  2. #2
    laurelgardens is offline Junior Twelever Copper laurelgardens is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Pook in center of jewels

    Mark Twain National Forest is north of Jefferson City.

    Is your mark close to there?

    What dlue did you get that made you decide to try this?



    Quote Originally Posted by d22m22
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but now that we have what are presumed to be all twelve locations for the tokens, I've taken the coordinates and averaged them to find a mathematical center. I've done this based on the statement (to paraphrase) that once pook was crystalized, he was in the center of the other jeweled creatures. This leads to an area slighly northwest of Jefferson City, MO.

    I've also looked at taking just the 4 'extreme' locations, and averaging them (furthest north and south, averaging those, furthest east and west, averaging those), and came up with a location more due north of Jefferson City, MO.

    I realize this is outside of 5x5'ing, and I'm of the opinion that Pook will have a 5x5. I was only hoping to spark some discussion, and see if anyone else has done something similar.

    D

  3. #3
    laurelgardens is offline Junior Twelever Copper laurelgardens is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Pook in center of jewels

    Sorry I can't read, answered my own question

    Quote Originally Posted by laurelgardens
    Mark Twain National Forest is north of Jefferson City.

    Is your mark close to there?

    What clue did you get that made you decide to try this?



    Quote Originally Posted by d22m22
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but now that we have what are presumed to be all twelve locations for the tokens, I've taken the coordinates and averaged them to find a mathematical center. I've done this based on the statement (to paraphrase) that once pook was crystalized, he was in the center of the other jeweled creatures. This leads to an area slighly northwest of Jefferson City, MO.

    I've also looked at taking just the 4 'extreme' locations, and averaging them (furthest north and south, averaging those, furthest east and west, averaging those), and came up with a location more due north of Jefferson City, MO.

    I realize this is outside of 5x5'ing, and I'm of the opinion that Pook will have a 5x5. I was only hoping to spark some discussion, and see if anyone else has done something similar.

    D

  4. #4
    chatchoochoo's Avatar
    chatchoochoo is offline Junior Twelever Copper chatchoochoo is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    45

    Default

    How about Rock Bridge State Park.

    Http://www.mostateparks.com/rockbridge/map.htm

    has a cave, a bubbling stream, a trail over a walk through cave.

    Go south and into Columbia and you get:
    http://www.mostatepark.com/jewellcem.htm

    The Jewel Cemetary.

  5. #5
    chatchoochoo's Avatar
    chatchoochoo is offline Junior Twelever Copper chatchoochoo is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Make that "parks" not "park" to go to the Jewell cemetary.

  6. #6
    chatchoochoo's Avatar
    chatchoochoo is offline Junior Twelever Copper chatchoochoo is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Yikes.
    The cemetary is right in the park!!!!!!! Northern corner NW

  7. #7
    Lindafay's Avatar
    Lindafay is offline Needs to say Hello! Lindafay is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4

    Default MO

    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but on page 36 in the Companion book it talks about the Arabia that sank in Parkville MO. Maybe that fits this center point or there is something about the Arabia that might shed some light on crystal Pook.
    lindafay

  8. #8
    ladyfeline's Avatar
    ladyfeline is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver ladyfeline is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindafay
    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but on page 36 in the Companion book it talks about the Arabia that sank in Parkville MO. Maybe that fits this center point or there is something about the Arabia that might shed some light on crystal Pook.
    lindafay
    For anyone else interested in Parkville, MO.

    http://www.parkvillemo.com/Parks/parks.html

    Be sure to click the "Nature Sanctuary" under the "acorns"-some interesting visuals there.

  9. #9
    Lindafay's Avatar
    Lindafay is offline Needs to say Hello! Lindafay is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4

    Default Nature Sanctuary in Parkville

    Good eyes, LadyFeline - the trial map has an overlook and the lake sort of looks like the shape of the leaf that the fairy is pointing to. Wish I was close by and could drop over and take a look.
    LindaFay

  10. #10
    chatchoochoo's Avatar
    chatchoochoo is offline Junior Twelever Copper chatchoochoo is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Notice that the partially eaten cracker looks a lot like the state of Missouri. Even provides some "crosshairs" in the tabletop to zero in more.
    Central MO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts