+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: Chapter 9: Captain Kidd

  1. #41
    bass021's Avatar
    bass021 is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    bass021 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
    Hello, people!

    I'm really stuck with the numbers on chapter 9.
    I've decoded the text portion and (I hope) I got the first part of the chapter password. I think the numbers have the information for the second part of the password.

    I know here there is some hints for AFTER you decode the numbers, but I've been fighting for a while with these numbers and I haven't could decode them. (They are taking some years of my life )

    I need to know if Iím in the right way.
    Could you confirm if the cipher used to encode the numbers is the same kind of cipher used in C7Q15 ?

    Thanks,
    Oromis

    Nope - not the same cipher.
    Steve (O.A.T.)

  2. #42
    Oromis's Avatar
    Oromis is offline Junior Twelever Copper Oromis is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bass021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
    Hello, people!

    I'm really stuck with the numbers on chapter 9.
    I've decoded the text portion and (I hope) I got the first part of the chapter password. I think the numbers have the information for the second part of the password.

    I know here there is some hints for AFTER you decode the numbers, but I've been fighting for a while with these numbers and I haven't could decode them. (They are taking some years of my life )

    I need to know if Iím in the right way.
    Could you confirm if the cipher used to encode the numbers is the same kind of cipher used in C7Q15 ?

    Thanks,
    Oromis

    Nope - not the same cipher.
    Thanks a lot, Steve.

    Then I'll take other approach.

    Regards,
    Oromis

  3. #43
    Ezequiel Riddle is offline Needs to say Hello! Ezequiel Riddle is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Just to eliminate this naggering thought: does it have anything to do with a certain honourable Peter Smith?

  4. #44
    bass021's Avatar
    bass021 is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    bass021 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel Riddle View Post
    Just to eliminate this naggering thought: does it have anything to do with a certain honourable Peter Smith?
    Not that I'm aware of... but don't let my ignorance put up a false wall.

    Steve
    Steve (O.A.T.)

  5. #45
    Oromis's Avatar
    Oromis is offline Junior Twelever Copper Oromis is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default Numbers forever

    Wow.

    I've solved all the other chapters pretty well, but these numbers on chap 9 are killing me

    I can't get how decode them.

    By using the text code portion I already got some fragments of the "partial literary work contained in this chapter".

    Are the numbers supposed to decode to the next fragment contained in the same "literary work"?

    Or that "literary work" has not relation with the numbers?

    Thanks,
    Oromis

  6. #46
    Oromis's Avatar
    Oromis is offline Junior Twelever Copper Oromis is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
    Wow.

    I've solved all the other chapters pretty well, but these numbers on chap 9 are killing me

    I can't get how decode them.

    By using the text code portion I already got some fragments of the "partial literary work contained in this chapter".

    Are the numbers supposed to decode to the next fragment contained in the same "literary work"?

    Or that "literary work" has not relation with the numbers?

    Thanks,
    Oromis
    Ok. Finally I could decode the numbers a week ago with the help of this forum (Thanks, L).

    I got the key and then an odd phrase and I've working on it for several days, but It lead me to infinite possibilities. Next is my request for some help:

    K'd aqlkffxujrx mfkj tktru, ny wshvk rq xew els yszfi nhpfj frc xvj qqoec hd vye slwgbzze, flm rjvrh lvs YZW NEER nqjslmmzneqfw.
    Ttl afu vlc aj dwni yblv rbrfx kmlb J'q chmmznj qsf? F qcmp etkg? R polgs? f qinsll owfth?
    Ds tfc, imp kac efmetroytwow cxyf de wz rcs-dmowv iftrshd.

    Thanks in advance,
    Oromis

  7. #47
    cjones397 is offline Junior Twelever Copper cjones397 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Casper, Wy
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Please - let's don't talk in ciphers and codes. I am requesting that we use the PM feature of this website for more specific or personal questions. Just a thought....

  8. #48
    cjones397 is offline Junior Twelever Copper cjones397 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Casper, Wy
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
    Wow.

    I've solved all the other chapters pretty well, but these numbers on chap 9 are killing me

    I can't get how decode them.

    By using the text code portion I already got some fragments of the "partial literary work contained in this chapter".

    Are the numbers supposed to decode to the next fragment contained in the same "literary work"?

    Or that "literary work" has not relation with the numbers?

    Thanks,
    Oromis
    Ok. Finally I could decode the numbers a week ago with the help of this forum (Thanks, L).

    I got the key and then an odd phrase and I've working on it for several days, but It lead me to infinite possibilities. Next is my request for some help:

    K'd aqlkffxujrx mfkj tktru, ny wshvk rq xew els yszfi nhpfj frc xvj qqoec hd vye slwgbzze, flm rjvrh lvs YZW NEER nqjslmmzneqfw.
    Ttl afu vlc aj dwni yblv rbrfx kmlb J'q chmmznj qsf? F qcmp etkg? R polgs? f qinsll owfth?
    Ds tfc, imp kac efmetroytwow cxyf de wz rcs-dmowv iftrshd.

    Thanks in advance,
    Oromis
    Please - let's don't talk in ciphers and codes. I am requesting that we use the PM feature of this website for more specific or personal questions. Just a thought....

  9. #49
    Oromis's Avatar
    Oromis is offline Junior Twelever Copper Oromis is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjones397 View Post
    Please - let's don't talk in ciphers and codes. I am requesting that we use the PM feature of this website for more specific or personal questions. Just a thought....
    I apologize for it, cjones.

    "Sorry Number One, That Will Never Happen Again".

  10. #50
    the_hunter is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper the_hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Ok need a pointer for Ch9 - 17....what is the "sequence of 75" referring to? Is it a column and row, is it the 75th number....I'm stumped!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts