+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Hello??? Anyone out there???

  1. #41
    Dennis Butts is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Dennis Butts is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????

  2. #42
    EagleScout's Avatar
    EagleScout is offline Junior Twelever Copper EagleScout is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    30

    Default ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Butts View Post
    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????
    I do not know what you mean, am I understanding you right when you say you answered it, but the answer that was correct is no longer correct? and it now is asking for a new answer?? if not could you eplain it to me, like I have said I am playing catchup here

  3. #43
    Scar13's Avatar
    Scar13 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Scar13 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Butts View Post
    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????
    I show no change to my answer for chap 9 q10. The online log book still shows as 'correct' plus the key. I checked the rest of my log book and all 240 questions show correct as well. Maybe contact Ron et al....

  4. #44
    Molnar's Avatar
    Molnar is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Peridot
    Molnar will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Butts View Post
    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????
    Yes, the accepted answer has changed. They corrected this some time ago, since the original accepted answer was incorrect. I'm all for them making corrections, but to do so without notification is just bad practice.

    If you are relatively new to the hunt, this particular issue will not affect you. I'm not sure when they made the change, but I do know that it was before September 2010.
    WHRECVBBLSMCEYVIHTEOIZROMR

  5. #45
    Scar13's Avatar
    Scar13 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Scar13 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molnar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Butts View Post
    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????
    Yes, the accepted answer has changed. They corrected this some time ago, since the original accepted answer was incorrect. I'm all for them making corrections, but to do so without notification is just bad practice.

    If you are relatively new to the hunt, this particular issue will not affect you. I'm not sure when they made the change, but I do know that it was before September 2010.
    I don't get it. Does your online log book show all the answers you've entered?

  6. #46
    Molnar's Avatar
    Molnar is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Peridot
    Molnar will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scar13 View Post
    I don't get it. Does your online log book show all the answers you've entered?
    You aren't being very clear about what part it is that you don't understand. For the given question, an answer was entered and accepted, and the question was marked as correct. Some time later that question reverted to being unanswered. A different answer (from the original accepted one) was required to be accepted and marked as correct. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.
    WHRECVBBLSMCEYVIHTEOIZROMR

  7. #47
    EagleScout's Avatar
    EagleScout is offline Junior Twelever Copper EagleScout is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molnar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scar13 View Post
    I don't get it. Does your online log book show all the answers you've entered?
    You aren't being very clear about what part it is that you don't understand. For the given question, an answer was entered and accepted, and the question was marked as correct. Some time later that question reverted to being unanswered. A different answer (from the original accepted one) was required to be accepted and marked as correct. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.
    lol Molnar, maybe you should change your name to crystal?????

  8. #48
    EagleScout's Avatar
    EagleScout is offline Junior Twelever Copper EagleScout is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scar13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Butts View Post
    Has anyone rechecked the answer in the logbook to Ch9 Q10. I had it completed once, but I noticed that the answer is not there anymore. The new answer appears to want a different one from the original.?????
    Yes, the accepted answer has changed. They corrected this some time ago, since the original accepted answer was incorrect. I'm all for them making corrections, but to do so without notification is just bad practice.

    If you are relatively new to the hunt, this particular issue will not affect you. I'm not sure when they made the change, but I do know that it was before September 2010.
    I don't get it. Does your online log book show all the answers you've entered?
    I know that the answer has not changed for me, I have not entered that one yet, but I do know of a few corrections that have not been noted as corrections.....I will suggest to Ron to start a section to log errata, I havebeen baffled by the fact that there is NOT one yet. maybe a couple of emails should do the trick. Everyone at Forgotten seems to be very willing to remedy any irritant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts