+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 895

Thread: Chapter 2 clues

  1. #111
    shanahnahnah's Avatar
    shanahnahnah is offline Junior Twelever Bronze shanahnahnah is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I agree. Tough one this week.
    "I will take what is mine with fire and blood. I am the dragon."
    Daenerys Targaryen ~ Game Of Thrones

  2. #112
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default

    It's simple. Reverse the letters then ceasar shift 7. Rotate left 324 then add it to the first line of the brothers chapter and then subtract it from the last line of the ex wives version.then finally, playfair with the right keyword(that you have to figure out on your own).

  3. #113
    Lobster's Avatar
    Lobster is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Lobster is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    I think I solved this one almost as soon as it came out, but it's the sort of solution that is non-unique and does not self-validate its own correctness, which troubles me a little. The best fit solution I see also isn't grammatically correct (it's missing a "the" ) which makes it even more difficult to tell whether this is correct or not.

    So I'm about 70% happy with my solution. I used context to help disambiguate the solution.

    If there is in fact a single, unambiguous solution derived by an algorithm, then my solution is likely wrong.

  4. #114
    dracoaffectus is offline Needs to say Hello! dracoaffectus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
    I think I solved this one almost as soon as it came out, but it's the sort of solution that is non-unique and does not self-validate its own correctness, which troubles me a little. The best fit solution I see also isn't grammatically correct (it's missing a "the" ) which makes it even more difficult to tell whether this is correct or not.

    So I'm about 70% happy with my solution. I used context to help disambiguate the solution.

    If there is in fact a single, unambiguous solution derived by an algorithm, then my solution is likely wrong.
    I think you and I have come to the same solution. I too was confounded by the missing "the".

  5. #115
    squirrelio is offline Junior Twelever Bronze squirrelio is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Na Guttom, you got it all wrong, you have to playfair it first, then fibonocci it, then anagram it after ceasar shift of 26.

  6. #116
    esmith131 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze esmith131 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Lobster - Care to give a nudge?

  7. #117
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default

    even though natalie posted a video on anagramming, this code is not meant to be anagrammed. im also sure i read on their facebook page a while back that the videos she posts are not additional clues.

    the anagram video is misleading

  8. #118
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    I couldnt even finish watching that video. They warned us it would be boring...

    Quote Originally Posted by guttom2 View Post
    even though natalie posted a video on anagramming, this code is not meant to be anagrammed. im also sure i read on their facebook page a while back that the videos she posts are not additional clues.

    the anagram video is misleading

  9. #119
    Rx Jeff's Avatar
    Rx Jeff is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Rx Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttom2 View Post
    even though natalie posted a video on anagramming, this code is not meant to be anagrammed. im also sure i read on their facebook page a while back that the videos she posts are not additional clues.

    the anagram video is misleading
    If it's not an anagram, then it must be the first letters of text within the stories. With all the letters blended together with no spaces, it would suggest an anagram.

  10. #120
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    The cipher text letters appear correct from a frequency standpoint, so it could be a skip, transposition, rotation, railfence or some combination

    Quote Originally Posted by Rx Jeff View Post
    If it's not an anagram, then it must be the first letters of text within the stories. With all the letters blended together with no spaces, it would suggest an anagram.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts