+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1577

Thread: CHAPTER 4 - discussion and clues

  1. #501
    Rx Jeff's Avatar
    Rx Jeff is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Rx Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    965

    Default

    I concur with Morrigan. Total buffoonery on the part of the author. Maybe we should wait until Tuesday to work on Friday's clues.

  2. #502
    Lobster's Avatar
    Lobster is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Lobster is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    I am most interested to see how they propose we get all letters A to Z mapped (26 of them) to the numbers 1 to 20 without throwing any out (since all are used) and without doubling up any of them or their respective keys. There must be some devious lateral thinking solution to this chapter.

  3. #503
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default

    hey all, Im back after a really long break!

    Lobster I don't think all letters are used, I think you are misinterpreting that clue. remember, "21 to 26 still need to go home", meaning throw them out.

  4. #504
    Lobster's Avatar
    Lobster is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Lobster is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttom2 View Post
    Lobster I don't think all letters are used, I think you are misinterpreting that clue. remember, "21 to 26 still need to go home", meaning throw them out.
    That clue unfortunately depends on the temporal state of a fictitious baseball game (is the game over or not), which makes it indeterminate. Combining it with other clues in an attempt to disambiguate leads me into a set of paradoxes that results in no logical conclusion.

  5. #505
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
    That clue unfortunately depends on the temporal state of a fictitious baseball game (is the game over or not), which makes it indeterminate. Combining it with other clues in an attempt to disambiguate leads me into a set of paradoxes that results in no logical conclusion.
    exactly lol. have any keys been released for Chapter 4 yet?

  6. #506
    Lobster's Avatar
    Lobster is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Lobster is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttom2 View Post
    exactly lol. have any keys been released for Chapter 4 yet?
    No. Q has been hinted at, but I can still place it in 4 different places based on combinations of clues.

  7. #507
    dawnplayer8 is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze dawnplayer8 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttom2 View Post
    hey all, Im back after a really long break!

    Lobster I don't think all letters are used, I think you are misinterpreting that clue. remember, "21 to 26 still need to go home", meaning throw them out.
    Welcome back guttom, It seems to me that if you get to home plate in a baseball game you also might score a run.

  8. #508
    Lobster's Avatar
    Lobster is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Lobster is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawnplayer8 View Post
    Welcome back guttom, It seems to me that if you get to home plate in a baseball game you also might score a run.
    Yep. As long as the game's not over, in which case they're stranded on base and worthless. Which is why the state of the game is very much important.

  9. #509
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default

    One thing I learned with this book is not to read into the clues so much. I try to think of the simplest, most straightforward answer. With chapter 2 and 3 I came up with so many extremely logical answers (map answers) and was still wrong.

    I believe he is just saying not to used the letters U through Z. He had similar clues in other chapters. This conflicts with the "You will need to use every letter to solve this one." clue, but only if you interpret "every" as referring to every letter of the alphabet. I believe it has a different meaning.

  10. #510
    guttom2 is offline Good Twelever Gold guttom2 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    527

    Default the first KEY

    I have my theories, but I hope Ron releases the first key (or any key for that matter). I have too many possible starting points. a key would at least give some direction to our search

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts