First Chapter -> Oregon
The First chapter is calle Balck Heart Cherry and has two sections. This chapter appears to relate to Oregon and here are my notes:
1. Large Cherry orchards along Williamette River and Williamette valley.
2. The golden chanterelle is the Oregon state mushroom.
3. The Williamette tributary is a watershed of the Columbia river.
4. Milwaukie is a town close to Portland that may relate to the mention of beer drinking in this chapter - (Old Milwaukie)?.
Here are some things I haven't related anything to:
Section 2 - A memory flashback to when narrator first met girlfriend.
1. Narrator tells story of when he first met his girlfiend 10 years ago.
2. Location: New York
3. Girlfriends lastname: Smith
3. Bathroom attendant-Old Blackman: Les
4. College buddy: Townsand Banks - Narrator referred to him as T. a few times.
5. Coat Checker of 20 years experience: Ms. Mary wage $5.50 per hr
6. 21 or 22 treads to top from Bathroom - Road names in Salem?
7. White carnations and red roses on girlfriends silk dress
Also, the "Grandfather's Office" chapter may have something to do with a clue to the name of a roadway. Not sure about that, yet.
Pittsburgh just seems too obvious to me.
Just my two cents. Let me know what you think.
There was a section three to the first chapter. Here are my notes:
Location: Waters Edge
Cherry tree by the waters edge - Wllamette Valley?
Chestnut tree - Willamette Valley?