Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: My take on this hunt -- one man's opinion

  1. #21
    CharlesLS is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze CharlesLS is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: My take on this hunt -- one man's opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by shirleylock
    I already know how much credibility you have, Charles..... none. For instance, you used my name inappropriately in your diatribe....you took something and twisted it just enough to make it say what you wanted it to say.
    I understand that shirleylock does not like me. It actually surprises me how vehemently she dislikes me, simply because I don't have similar anger towards her. I'm happy to take most of her comments in this vein, and I don't see anything to be gained by a lengthy response. I do, however, feel that if I have misquoted her, I owe shirleylock an apology.

    Shirleylock, you were in chat when I raised these concerns with Ken, and it is my recollection that when Ken explained that he felt telling us whether our submitted answers are correct provided a hint, your response was that this was reasonable, and he was simply being nice to us by giving us these hints for free on puzzles 2-5.

    You told me that you were logging and saving the chat, so if you tell me that you did not say these things, I believe you. It was certainly not my intention to misattribute these quotes, and I am sorry for doing so. Please let me know based on your chat logs who the proper source is for these ideas, and I will edit my post accordingly. It was certainly not my intention to in any way impugn you; you have a deserved reputation as a logical, well-spoken thinker and I felt your opposing view deserved a mention.

    If you do not have the chat logs, I am still prepared to believe you when you say these are not your words, and in that case, let me know what edits you think I should make. To clarify, does this mean you agree with me that Ken would not be providing a hint by informing us whether our submitted puzzles are correct? I am sorry if I have misrepresented your position, and want to be sure I avoid doing so in the future.

    Again, I apologize for my mistake and will take appropriate steps to correct it.

    -Charles

  2. #22
    liviasmimi's Avatar
    liviasmimi is offline Keyboard Proficient TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    liviasmimi will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    tulseytown
    Posts
    4,530

    Default

    I hope its not inappropriate to comment on this thread without actually playing this game, but i must say, the reason I choose NOT to play the game were the very reasons Charles has posted.

    And who changes the rules while IN the game??
    This thing just doesn't sit right with me..
    Those of you playing...good luck
    other than that.....
    Why hasn't Ken posted any comments on this thread?

    MiMi

  3. #23
    shirleylock's Avatar
    shirleylock is offline Twelever Silver shirleylock is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: My take on this hunt -- one man's opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLS
    I understand that shirleylock does not like me. It actually surprises me how vehemently she dislikes me, simply because I don't have similar anger towards her.
    You are incorrect in your assumption, Charles. It's not a dislike for you. I don't appreciate the tactics you have employed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLS
    I do, however, feel that if I have misquoted her, I owe shirleylock an apology.
    Thank you for the apology.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLS
    It was certainly not my intention to misattribute these quotes, and I am sorry for doing so.
    Again, apology accepted.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLS
    I am sorry if I have misrepresented your position, and want to be sure I avoid doing so in the future.
    Once more, apology accepted.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLS
    Again, I apologize for my mistake and will take appropriate steps to correct it.
    And, again...apology accepted. With that said, it is my belief that you owe the author of this book an apology. Your insinuations, and at times, your exact words have been that this book is a scam.

    There are aspects I don't care for in this game. I've spoken directly with Ken with regards to such. I have not come away from speaking with him with the same impressions you have, nor am I prepared to impugn his reputation or his game. In every hunt I have participated, there are rules or aspects that I don't particularly fancy. While appraising a game or hunt is realistic and necessary, your conduct and statements have, in my eyes, been beyond what is appropriate. As stated earlier, some of your "accusations" have been downright slanderous. You can couch them with, "one man's opininion" but this is another man's reputation with which you are toying. It seems to me that one should have some solid proof before employing those attitudes and accusations. That, Charles, is why I'm less than receptive to you. Impugning someone's reputation, and you have attempted to do so on multiple occasions, is consequential. To do so without proof is outrageous. Thus, the body of my zeal.

    I hope you locate a current game you enjoy.

    Shirleylock
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

  4. #24
    sevodjinn is offline Needs to say Hello! sevodjinn is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I dont' really understand what you mean shirley--first off I'd like to say that your response to Charles's post was AGAIN childish and less of what I have come to expect from you. He asked you to clarify something and you simply accepted his apology? I think he was ONLY apologizing if he was in fact incorrect about you agreeing that telling a person the puzzle is incorrect constitutes a hint. Do you think that? If you do , and you ever said so publically, you owe CHARLES the apology. If he misquoted you I don't think he owes you anything as you have personally attacked him like 10 times...

    Anyway--as far as all this talk of slandering people's reputations and such there are 3 things I can tell you.

    1.) There has been no slander. People giving opinions about how they feel about things is protected by something called the "1st Amendment" I would suggest you get a copy of the Bill of Rights.

    2.) Since ken has neglected to post here I am suspicious of your motivation behind screaming "Slander!" I believe you might think you can scare the users here into being silent. Correct me if I am wrong but do you really care so much about this guy you have never met that a simple post about his hunt could cause you to fight in a public forum for his defense? What about the community here? You have apparently known them alot longer. I'd have to guess your comment after this quoted segment will revolve around my post count.

    3.) You should also get yourself a lawbook or two. I'd be interested in a precedent for "usernames" on a private forum "slandering" things.

    Fact is, what i sense from your comments is nothing but blind defense and emotion. I won't be scared or intimidated. After reading this thread, I am inspired to make my first post ever. I have decided to definately not buy this hunt because it could be a SCAM. Yep. That's right! A SCAM. Not saying it IS, just has alot more potential to be one than any other hunt I've ever played. So theres my "slander" for ya. Mail me a lawsuit.

  5. #25
    Solarus's Avatar
    Solarus is offline Moderator TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    Solarus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My own little world...
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Stop it! you guys are making me sad...
    all this talk of scam and illegitimate is hurting my gentle ears... i don't like harsh words...

    especially between good friends...

    hope these words take seed...
    Need help? Ask one of us! Click here to go to the staff page!

  6. #26
    lizardlips's Avatar
    lizardlips is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    lizardlips will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Top Eagle Castle
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Our Padawan has spoken.

  7. #27
    Nitefyre's Avatar
    Nitefyre is offline Super Moderator TwelevePlus
    Tweleve Cleric
    Gold
    Nitefyre is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarus
    i don't like harsh words... Crying or Very sad

    especially between good friends...

    hope these words take seed...
    He is wise for one so young.

    Keep the comments on the hunt and the personal attacks off the board. If you have a problem with someone PM or email them politely with your problem. While everyone is allowed to state their opinion of the hunt please do not attack that person because of that opinion. They have the right to their own opinion just as much as you. I will be watching this closely and protecting both Charles's opinion, Shirleylock's opinion, everyone else's opinion from eachother.

    You have been warned.

    PS- This is not aimed at any one person but the whole forum!

  8. #28
    netsirk's Avatar
    netsirk is offline Keyboard Proficient TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    netsirk will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liviasmimi
    I hope its not inappropriate to comment on this thread without actually playing this game, but i must say, the reason I choose NOT to play the game were the very reasons Charles has posted.

    And who changes the rules while IN the game??
    This thing just doesn't sit right with me..
    Those of you playing...good luck
    other than that.....
    Why hasn't Ken posted any comments on this thread?

    MiMi
    Seems mimi and I are thinking the same. I also wander why he hasn't posted. I would like for him to answer Charles' questions...by him responding I think it would calm down the storm that has brewed in here!
    Like Contests???
    Then check this out!
    http://tweleve.org/forumdisplay.php?...t&pp=20&page=1



  9. #29
    calvin's Avatar
    calvin is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    calvin is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Charles (and others),

    Perhaps Ken is not answering your questions here because he has decided that his own forum at...

    http://www.winmywpbhome.com/forum/index.php

    ...is the official forum. I bet he would respond fairly quickly if these questions appeared there, especially since this is a somewhat critical window of time for him where even small amounts of positive or negative "press" could drastically effect the eventual success of his book.

    It sounds like you've already made an honest effort to ask Ken these questions privately before sharing them publicly (which I respect and applaud you for doing). Even so, I would recommend you try one more time to contact him personally with your list of questions to give him a chance to answer you directly, or better yet here at tweleve.org, before bringing the inquisition into the official forum.

    Ken, if you're reading this, please take advantage of this opportunity to show this fledgling community of appreciative puzzle-lovers that you appreciate our concerns. Since we have the potential to be very valuable word-of-mouth advertisers for your book, it will be well worth your time to clearly explain 1. that you can see as well as we do how the contest format could be abused, and 2. what steps you will take to ensure that such abuse will not happen.

    The positive and accessible spirit that you've brought to the early stages of this process make me confident that you will be able to explain why the valid concerns expressed in this thread are, in your case, unfounded.

    Thanks!

  10. #30
    netsirk's Avatar
    netsirk is offline Keyboard Proficient TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    netsirk will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Calvin - I happen to disagree with you...even though Ken made his own forum and chatroom at his official website he still visits tweleve and still pops into the Tweleve chatroom regularly. I know that he has seen this thread as I saw his name at the top of the thread as browsing it a few days ago. He has read the questions and concerns some of us posted at the beginning and he still has not answered them. Which leads me to believe that I and many others have a reason to question his book.
    Like Contests???
    Then check this out!
    http://tweleve.org/forumdisplay.php?...t&pp=20&page=1



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts