+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winds

izycat is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper izycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Winds

First off why is Dar Screaming each of the Spells?????? (When will the noise stop??)

In the second paragrpah, second sentence it mentions the spell's wind. How interesting that the faded background is the Windheads map.

I found two cartographers for the map Giovanni Magini and Girolamo Rugcelli not sure which one did it first (I think it was Magini) , but interesting none the less

The winds are mentioned again on Page 24. Here the Dark Fairies are pulled by winds that cannot be resisted. I think that is the basic premise of the windheads theory, invisible forces acting upon the earth.

I wonder now if all the backgrounds fit like this. I will keep reading and searching

shecrab is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    shecrab will become famous soon enough

The first uses for compasses were not to tell directions to travel or move, but to show the directions of winds. Maybe that helps a little?
    Visit my web site: http://christinkeck.webs.com
    CK or as they say in Spain, "Yes, What?"

mistedangel is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper mistedangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting post! I noticed "winds" are mentioned quite a bit...does it tie into the directions of the acorn page numbers, pointing us to something?

One line on pg. 5 of the BOS stood out to me, and I'm not sure why: "As seeds fly on gossamer wings in springtyme, Light Spells on paper come and go with the wind." Maybe it's nothing, but it caught my attention. The paragraph itself is written oddly -- spaces in line 2 and 5 where more words could fit. Maybe allowing the paragraph to be altered if merged with other text?? (Alert = Alter????) Or spelling out something if typed differently?

Ok, ok I'm spending way too much time on this book and my mind is mush! lol

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Before the compass rose, maps included a wind rose. Labels were from the names of the winds in Italian, rhumbs.
    North: T from Tramontana, but North was traditionally indicated by a fleur de lis.
    North East: G from Greco
    East: L from Levante, but East was often marked by a Maltese cross
    South East: S from Syroco
    South: O from Ostro
    South West: A from Africus
    West: P from Ponente
    North West: M from Maestro.

+ Reply to Thread