+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 240

Thread: The First CustardQuest Will Be Released April 1, 2012, at noon EDT - $250 prize

  1. #101
    Genetic Blend's Avatar
    Genetic Blend is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    Genetic Blend is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Hello MDC777! Nice catch on the dates and themes! I hadn't noticed that. But then again, I have been concentrating on CQ1. Maybe I am just a fool for working on that one for so long!

  2. #102
    MDC777 is offline Twelever Silver MDC777 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    340

    Default

    So last night I'm working on CQ2 for a couple hours and got the city and some of the references. I tell my wife about the hunt, show her the map in the story and she gets on google maps and finds it in 10 minutes. (Makes me look like a idiot)

    Still not sure how we find the rock in that location but were going Saturday to look.

  3. #103
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Good luck, THat was a great find for you and your wife, wish I was close to there. No one ever hides things near Toledo OH!

    Better luck this time than on Vegas Die!

    Quote Originally Posted by MDC777 View Post
    So last night I'm working on CQ2 for a couple hours and got the city and some of the references. I tell my wife about the hunt, show her the map in the story and she gets on google maps and finds it in 10 minutes. (Makes me look like a idiot)

    Still not sure how we find the rock in that location but were going Saturday to look.

  4. #104
    OceanArcher's Avatar
    OceanArcher is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze OceanArcher is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Golden Gulf Coast of Mississippi
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Grrrr -- 1803 miles away. Not close enough for me to go pick it up ....

  5. #105
    cryselegance is offline Junior Twelever Copper cryselegance is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I am also too far away, but I wouldn't mind sharing my thoughts. What are the rules here? Can we divulge anything publicly, about what we think, or are we supposed to keep it hush hush? It wouldn't matter to me who found it, and I wouldn't expect anyone to share, it just gives me something to do. (I have a wonderfully boring job) So let me know what are the unwritten rules, I don't want to ruffle any feathers...

  6. #106
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Crys,

    Out of respect for those who may have discovered the location and are in the midst of planning an outing, it wouldnt be proper to give outright answers on the forum. Rather, thoughts and generalities are probably OK. If you have some really specific things and choose to help someone out, then perhaps a PM to that questor would be in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by cryselegance View Post
    I am also too far away, but I wouldn't mind sharing my thoughts. What are the rules here? Can we divulge anything publicly, about what we think, or are we supposed to keep it hush hush? It wouldn't matter to me who found it, and I wouldn't expect anyone to share, it just gives me something to do. (I have a wonderfully boring job) So let me know what are the unwritten rules, I don't want to ruffle any feathers...

  7. #107
    MDC777 is offline Twelever Silver MDC777 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    340

    Default

    ugh ~ Vegas Die.... don't get me started!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stvwz View Post
    Good luck, THat was a great find for you and your wife, wish I was close to there. No one ever hides things near Toledo OH!

    Better luck this time than on Vegas Die!

  8. #108
    cryselegance is offline Junior Twelever Copper cryselegance is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Ok, so I have a specific location in mind, I have found several clues that points to this location, but it's a big area to search and I don't know specifically it's exact location, but I do have a few spots that could be checked. So now how do I find someone in that area without giving anything away?

  9. #109
    MDC777 is offline Twelever Silver MDC777 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    340

    Default

    I would say post the clues from the story you think point to a location and let the forum members guess themselves. If we can't make anything out of our trip Saturday then I will do the same.

    Now you got me thinking maybe were wrong. hmmmm.

  10. #110
    OceanArcher's Avatar
    OceanArcher is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze OceanArcher is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Golden Gulf Coast of Mississippi
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Well - that can be a tough call.

    Personally, I've got a shoestring relative that lives nearby the site, but I couldn't get him unwrapped from around his beer, nor broke loose from ESPN long enough to hunt down a gold bar as big around as your arm - let alone a simple marker such as that used by Custard. Hope you have better luck with your friends/acquaintences

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts