+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rearrange picture

cmaner is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper cmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Rearrange picture

The picture on pg. 45 has been driving me delusional for 3 days. I made the "mistake" of doing a high resolution scan, enlarging the pic while maintining proportions and then cutting out the little boxes. It reminded me of those games as a kid that I knew I could solve if I could only take the pieces out of the box.

Mr. Stadther is a genius and/or he used what may be a well known mathematical trick of which I am completely in the dark.

I have found so many different exact matches of lines, shadows, etc, by rearranging, liniing up or overlapping pieces. I just know it makes some other visual clue. The dragon as shown is pretty wierd compared to most dragon sketches I've seen - that's what made me think it must make another picture.

Sadly, in my amazed ADD frenzy for the past 36 hours I haven't been able to complete a picture using all pieces. One sections looks sort of like a darkling, another looks like a lock. HELP!

It's really fascinating that even when viewed with 10x magnification the pieces match exactly - shadows, lines, moss. It is even more amazing to me when the pieces are overlapped and not just lined up edge to edge.

Has anyone else played around with this idea?

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't, but have you (and I'm sure you have) tried using the square the fairy is pointing to as a starting point? Perhaps if that is in the middle, or the first square in the upper left, then that would lead you to the "right" solution?

I'd love to see what you come up with!!!

What program did you use to do this?

cmaner is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper cmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for delay in response - I was chaperoning students on ski trip and had no access to internet. I scanned the picture using a high resolution scanner, enlarged it with Photoshop then printed it using an HP color laser. I'm using a jewelers magnification lamp to help try to piece it together. I have only been able to work on it about 30 minutes since my last post. However, based on amount (or loack of) of response to idea I may be wasting my time.

+ Reply to Thread