+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Fence

Evenean is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Evenean is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The Fence

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Fence is really a photo that has had pieces taken out of it?

^_^

mkultra is offline Junior Twelever Copper mkultra is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, it sure felt photoshopped to me.

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think the image of the tree and fence on p. 54 looks like it's a photograph that's been scanned and colorized with the help of photoshop. Same goes for all the other pieces of "tree art."

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said a dozen times before, but I suspect that these are the actual trees that you'll find the tokens on or nearby. Stradther probably didn't want to risk painting them from memory, so he may have photographed the trees on his cross-country road trip, and then either painted from those photos or doctored them on the computer to look like they were painted.

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

For my two cents, the fence looks to me like it is from an oil painting. (Stadther has said that oil is the primary media he uses on paintings outside the book.)

Also, If you turn the picture upside down, the base of the fence is actually a painting of a vista. This vista is a segment of one that also appears on page 57, below the fallen tree.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

wilhouse is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    wilhouse is on a distinguished road

it also matches the ground on page 46
    wilouse

Evenean is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Evenean is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's not the fence itself which is making me say this, it's what is inside the fence. It also looks different from everything that is around it, it just doesn't have the same flow as the tree or the ground.

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

Maybe we should scan and put together all of those types of pictures, see if it makes anything
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

David K is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper David K is an unknown quantity at this point

Even,
    I agree with you, it looks like a photo that was cut to look like a fence but wasn't really a fence in the 1st place (Does that make sense?) I saw that but when I looked elsewhere in the book to see if it fit with another photo I came up with nothing. I still say it's odd, just that blue part of the fence on the right stands out. As do all the tree's really, why have tree's (with faces/moustaches (there is never a mention of the moustaches) with all white background's in black boxes?

weasel is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper weasel is an unknown quantity at this point

This one reminds me of a "window" cut out that you place on top of a picture, so that only parts of it show through.
    Maybe the whitish/fuzzy blue flower part lines up with something on another page?
    (nothing I've been able to find yet, but the day is young )

skoldpadda is offline Twelever Silver skoldpadda is an unknown quantity at this point

am I the only one that thinks these lone tree shots are representations of the tokens' hiding places?
    Over 1,000 miles travelled in search of 1 token.

Tokens found: zero. (no, I don't expect I'll have to edit this)

Currently working on: Firefly, beetle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast