+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Page 80 "arrow?"

Seraphim_prime is offline Needs to say Hello! Seraphim_prime is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Page 80 "arrow?"

Hi all.

I've been searching this site to make sure I'm not bringing something old and disregarded back up, and haven't found anything, so...

On page 80 (Rusfel in his cave) there is a shard that forms a beautiful arrow on the floor near the stalactite in the lower right quadrant of the picture.

Could this be something?
    I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
    ~Arthur Dent

jhvh1 is offline Junior Twelever Copper jhvh1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure if it has been pointed out or talked about hrer yet, but I did want to say thansk for reminding me it was there, I saw it the first ime I turned to that page and have forgotten about it ever since...

DolphinWolf is offline Junior Twelever Bronze DolphinWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, I have a comment...

...it says they are outside and none are in caves or anywhere unsafe. But what about a cave that *is* a public place and it's completely safe? Do you think he would have hidden something in a place like that or not?

jhvh1 is offline Junior Twelever Copper jhvh1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well I would thnk that if he said not in caves, then no, he wouldn't,
    safe public place or not.

though it could be right outside of a cave.

Iceman-26 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Iceman-26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Arrows on p.80

Also, if you look above and slightly to the right of the "arrow" on the floor of the cave you will see a possible 2nd "arrow" on the little cauldron sitting next to the big cauldron. The handle on the little cauldron appears as an "arrow."

That's all I have.

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

*posted on page 80

Noticed the same thing
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

cpl_crud is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper cpl_crud is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought on the "arrow" thing.

The two "arrows" may not be directional arrows, but possibily "back bearings".

Two back-bearings would be enough to get a fairly close location to something.
    So, whilst the token isn't in a cave, the arrow could be a back-bearing to a cave. The second arrow may be pointing at something else, which would give you a second bearing.

Normally, you would take three back-bearings to get a location, so, is there a third arrow on the page somewhere? or a "perspective" view that "lines up" with a local area, creating the third bearing required for a fix?

Just a bit of food for thought. I haven't seen the pic, so I'm jsut speculating.

Hunting4Treasure is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    Hunting4Treasure is an unknown quantity at this point

One arrow is pointing north, and the other is pointing north-east... I'd rather they be pointing in opposite directions, if they're 'bearings'.
    _/\_
    \AG/
    // \\ Week 11
    PerplexCity Cards I Have/Need - Updated Oct 25
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our grandchildren."

mkultra is offline Junior Twelever Copper mkultra is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe the liquid and designs on the floor match a map os some location with the liquid being a river.

ShellyGNH is offline Junior Twelever Copper ShellyGNH is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The Grotto: National Sanctuary of Our Sorrowful Mother

This may or may not tie in but I keep thinking that Rusfuls' Grotto is a hint that one of the charms may been in a grotto. So when you're talkinga about coordinates and bearings it reminded me of this place that I came across searching sanctuarys the other night. Anyone close who could check it out? Any Portland Oregon hunters available?

http://www.thegrotto.org/directions.htm

About the Grotto:

The central attraction, Our Lady's Grotto, was carved from solid basalt in the cliff wall in 1925. Above its natural rock altar is the white marble replica of Michelangelo's famed masterpiece, the Pieta. The original, completed by Michelangelo when he was only 24 years old and the only work on which he ever inscribed his name, is mounted in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. High above the grotto's cliff stands the bronze statue of Our Sorrowful Mother, designed especially for the Sanctuary and blessed in the Vatican by Pope Pius XI in 1934 to commemorate the 700th anniversary of the Servite Order.

The Grotto offers a spectacular natural gallery of religious art with more than a hundred gracefully- sculpted statues and shrines nestled along its flower-lined pathways. Amid the natural beauty of this outdoor cathedral, visitors from many lands find inspiration and peace. The Grotto celebrates special liturgical events throughout the year, including Christmas & Holy Week liturgies, a special Mass on Mother's Day, a Freedom Day Mass on the Sunday closest to Independence Day, a St. Anne's Summer Twilight Retreat, the Blessing of Animals in July, and an evening mass and sundown candle light rosary procession, on the feast of The Assumption of Mary on August 15.

May be worth a look see, who knows!
    Happy Hunting!
    Cheers,
    Shelly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast