+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Numbers the fairy points to

Spades is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Spades is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Pink

Why are the numbers pink?
    If you go through the book, there are 15 pink lettes, though i have not been able to get them to work to mean anything.
    Note: This includes "to Helen" on the next page.
    Some people are like slinkies, completely useless but you still have to smile when you see one fall down.

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the pink letters you have found?

HotsauceNZ is offline Needs to say Hello! HotsauceNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Guesses

They could pertain to the pictures of letters that begin chapters. There are 15 of those (if you include the "The" cube as one and disregard the simple colored letters). However, if you arrange those letters in the order that those pink numbers suggest, you get:

S W H B R O T F D I Y [THE] Z T T

Which obviously means nothing. I couldn't find anything else in the book that related to the number 15. If you count the "To Helen" and the other pink letters, which is just an "A" beginning chapter 7 ("Ana"), you get 8 letters (Spades, where did you find 15?). If you count "To Helen" and all the non-fancy letters beginning chapters, you get 12 (just a coincidence, I'm guessing).

So I guess it's one of these things here, or "SAVE OUR TREES ART", as Troving Along said, which doesn't seem like it got anybody anywhere either.

ridges is offline Needs to say Hello! ridges is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The fairy pointing to the letters

Just to play devil's advocate here--has anybody thought of a link between the fairy pointing to the numbers. She is only seen a few more times in the book. She points to some of the puzzle pieces (p. 51 & p. 61? ) and is on the page with the puzzle pieces (p. 59). I'm thinking there is a correlation there-seems simple to me. I just can't figure out what the correlation is to the numbers. The only other idea that I have is that the 15 letters relates to the missing, extra, or other letters throughout the book.

Anyways that specific fairy is nowhere to be seen other than those few pages with the numbers and the puzzle pieces. Hmmmmm.

ridges is offline Needs to say Hello! ridges is an unknown quantity at this point

Default I fibbed

She's on one more page--but I still think they are all linked. Let the fairies point the way.

hawksoveriowa is offline Needs to say Hello! hawksoveriowa is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Same fairy on 41?

Is the fairy at the beginning pointing to the pink numbers the same fairy as the one on page 41?

Both wear yellow and have the red and blue buttons. However their faces are different.

If they're the same, is there a reason she appears on 41, 51, and 61?
    ----->gO iOwA<------

The heart acts when the mind cannot.

GapGuy is offline Junior Twelever Bronze GapGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone attempted to apply the numbers to other 15 letter phrases? (I have without success.) I can't believe that the only thing these letters apply to "A treasure's Trove..." unless it is a clue to decode something else.

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

SAVE OUR TREE'S ART sounds like a pretty definitive clue to me. The only question, which no one has been able to convincingly answer, is what does that mean? Cut out the tree pictures in the book? Find well-known nature paintings in museums? Find where this phrase (or something like it) is used in literature?

I've tried about a dozen or so alternate methods for using the number code, but the more that I fiddle with them, the more I'm convinced that this has already been solved. Now we just need to make the next leap from the TREE'S ART clue.

Em
    Em is offline Junior Twelever Copper Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's anagram SAVE OUR TREE'S ART:

overt as treasure
    sever or saturate
    over at treasures
    a traverse routes
    over statues rear
    a route traverses
    to a traverse user

A "traverse" in surveying is a series of lines connected at their endpoints... interesting. Also interesting that the word "treasure" is hidden in there.

My program made 2266 anagrams from that phrase. Nothing looks useful, though...

suelough is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Diamond
    suelough will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Also interesting that the word "treasure" is hidden in there.
    Well, it IS an anagram of "A Treasure's Trove"
    Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast