+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Numbers the fairy points to

Em
    Em is offline Junior Twelever Copper Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by suelough
    Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Also interesting that the word "treasure" is hidden in there.
    Well, it IS an anagram of "A Treasure's Trove"
    Yea, I realized that when I typed it it might sound kind of funny.

I ponder over the possesive apostrophe in the title all the time, too... what does a treasure need with a trove?

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix
    at this point I believe it to mean one of two things....

1. "Save our tree's art" is a simple intro into this whole puzzle...a taste of what is to come even...it is telling us that we need to retrieve the tokens (i dont think it is too far fetched to consider them art) from trees...

2. "Save our tree's art" is telling us to bring this book when we go searching....the various unique tree drawings represent actual trees which have tokens hiding in them...

these are just my opinions but I dont believe they are too far out in left field...of course i could always be wrong and "save our tree's art" could be nothing but a giant coincidence....

fenix
    I agree with you 100 percent, fenix. Those are the two most plausible and logical interpretations of SAVE OUR TREE'S ART. I for one have been bringing the book with me every time I go wandering through a park. It's a little tricky trying to go through the text and match up tree pictures with real-world trees, though. Not to mention that I feel like a complete tool. Sooner or later I hope to have mental pictures of all the tree pictures burned into my memory; then I can start leaving the book at home.

GAM
    GAM is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    GAM is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion reading the story and trying to follow a common theme I have come up with the following:
    Save Our Trees Art
    Save Our Trees Acid Rain Toxicity or Toxin

On page 87 we have the word coalesced...when you pronounce it slowely it sounds like Coal Acid..
    Rusful in Sulfur which in the form of sulfur oxide mixed with sunlight becomes acid rain...Acid Rain is formed by burning Coal for power. I see the word Coal on page 20 and 21 at the bottom, the dark dust is forming the letters. The trees are dying and Rusful is the cause...To me this is a common theme. Therefore Save Our Trees Acid Rain Toxicity
    The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
    -William Shakespeare

Silver

That's an interesting idea, GAM. I like the cut of your jib! Only, what on earth would "Save Our Tree's Acid Rain Toxicity" mean? That's even more perplexing than the original phrase!

Your post made me wonder if maybe the capitalization of letters might be at all relevent. As we've seen, the apostrophe in the title anagram comes in exactly the same spot -- between letters 9 and 10, E and S -- which could be seen as a kind of validation to the clue. Maybe the same is true for the letter cases. To wit, here's what I get:

save our Tree's ArT

Not much different, but maybe there's something there. Could "ArT" be an acronym for something?

(Incidentally, regarding the validation of anagrams, there's just as much to evidence to suggest that punctuation and letter cases aren't at all relevent. Look at the Jan. 20 hint. If the colon after "Hint:" had been preserved, it would have thrown a wrench into either "crystal" or "thirteeen" in CRYSTAL POOK IS THIRTEEN.)

lecia1212 is offline Twelever Silver lecia1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default art

Maybe MS is just trying to say the books art is about saving our trees.
    The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Silver

I was thinking more along the lines of "Ar" and "T" standing for something. Like say, the elements Argon (Ar) and Tritium (T). Not that I have the foggiest idea what this would mean, but hey, we haven't talked about the periodic table in a while. Given the alchemy connection and how easy it is to use the table as a letter-to-number cipher, there are worse avenues to explore.

Anyone else think the message -- and "Tree's ArT" in particular -- could be something other than an eco-friendly call to save trees? Is the general consensus that still that we're supposed to somehow employ the tree pictures in the book?

coedqazplm is offline Needs to say Hello! coedqazplm is an unknown quantity at this point

Mybe the could be page or chapter #'s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3