+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Numbers the fairy points to

laxmatt00 is offline Needs to say Hello! laxmatt00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Numbers the fairy points to

Maybe I am way off, but I haven't even seen anyone throw around this idea. On the first two white pages of this book, there is a fairy on the left page pointing to a set of numbers.
    6 5 14 4 13 7 8 2 3 15 9 10 1 12 11

maybe this is something very simple but I have not been able to come up with anything. Please tell me what ya think

hippodude is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze hippodude is an unknown quantity at this point

what kind of cipher is in your sig, fenix?

Jep
    Jep is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Jep is an unknown quantity at this point

Default FENIX'S CIPHER

Fenix,

Re: Your Cipher Signature

There is no path through the spider border - the elements are coupled, every other one.

Should I explore grouping the elements this way? Have you discovered something?

Jep

Hunting4Treasure is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    Hunting4Treasure is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: FENIX'S CIPHER

Quote Originally Posted by hippodude
    what kind of cipher is in your sig, fenix?
    This one?
    11141324453112412145314531433551253145311244411424 1243223543241243

Quote Originally Posted by Jep
    Fenix,

Re: Your Cipher Signature

There is no path through the spider border - the elements are coupled, every other one.

Should I explore grouping the elements this way? Have you discovered something?

Jep
    And, he thinks *I* am hiding something? LOL!
    _/\_
    \AG/
    // \\ Week 11
    PerplexCity Cards I Have/Need - Updated Oct 25
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our grandchildren."

Jep
    Jep is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Jep is an unknown quantity at this point

In case anyone is curious, Fenix's signature is a Polybius cipher (take the numbers in pairs. Load the Key table starting with F-E-N-I-X in the first row, then the rest as normal. Look-up letters as row-col. Answer is:

FIND THE PATH THROUGH THE SPIDER BORDER

Any comments Fenix????

Key:
    Code:
    FENIX
    ABCDG
    HKLMO
    PQRST
    UVWYZ
    Jep

Fenix is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Fenix is an unknown quantity at this point

Any comments Fenix????
    LOL....I just now noticed this...sorry....I knew someone would take the time to do it...unfortunately the struggle with the spiderborder continues....although, I did see something interesting in the dots on 66 last night....havent been able to hash it out yet....how about yourself Jep? anything exciting?

fenix
    Logic will break your heart......

Jep

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix
    Any comments Fenix????
    LOL....I just now noticed this...sorry....I knew someone would take the time to do it...unfortunately the struggle with the spiderborder continues....although, I did see something interesting in the dots on 66 last night....havent been able to hash it out yet....how about yourself Jep? anything exciting?
    fenix
    I think the spider border is a type of Beale Cipher.

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything in particular that makes you think that, Jep?

Jep

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymonkey
    Anything in particular that makes you think that, Jep?
    A few things, and some hunches. For example: there are no repeats in the border symbols, and no obvious ways to interpret the symbols that result in 16 to 24ish permutations (that I see anyway). So simple substitution ciphers are less likely. Since the symbol set is so large, one tends to think of ciphers with a large key set - like book ciphers, or grid ciphers perhaps.

We would need a logical way to interpret the symbols as references into a body of text, and a logical indicator of where to start. The octagon symbol on the backs of the spiders matches one under the "Z" at the beginning of one of the chapters - this might fit into the concept.

Or might not.

Jep

Troving Along is offline Needs to say Hello! Troving Along is an unknown quantity at this point

Default 6 5 14 4 13 7 8 2 3 15 9 10 1 12 11

I think it is simple.... 15 letters in the title of the book. put hem in this order and they spell SAVE OUR TREES ART. Figuring that out is the question. I entered this into google and got a SAVE YOUR TREES by Art Hardin. Interesting huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast