+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Page 17

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Page 17

Ok... just play along with me here for a minute:

Page 17 (3rd paragraph):
    As they neared the top of the ridge, Zac became a little weary of Pook's dawdling. "Let's get a move on," he said. He stooped, scooped his hands around the fat doth's sides, and tossed him up the ridge. Midair, Pook beat his wings frantically and spread his short legs, preparing for what he knew would be a hard, two-or-three bounce landing.

NOW... Think of this anagram:
    Kootenstoopits = I spot tokens too ... or... I stoop to tokens

Ok... now play along:
    As they neared the top of the ridge, DEBZ became a little weary of (_____'s) dawdling. "Let's get a move on," she said. She stooped, scooped her hands around the fat (_____'s) sides, and tossed it up the ridge. Midair, (_____) beat its wings frantically and spread its short legs, preparing for what it knew would be a hard, two-or-three bounce landing.

Did I find one of the creatures?
    What dawdles? What is fat and has short legs, and would frantically beat its wings? When landing, what would take a two-or-three bounce landing?
    Perhaps a beetle?

.... Just an idea of how to "discover the exact location of each treasure - just the way one of the characters does in the story.

[/b]
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

TURKEYMONKEY!

j/k

i thought of a turkey or something like that 'cause it couldn't fly easily

whisper

lindenmi is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    lindenmi is on a distinguished road

Default duck

I was thinking Duck.

ladyfeline is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver ladyfeline is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this was just a clue saying it was near a Midas. I got "Turkey" out of that, too, but it was the word "midair" that bothered me.

"Midas:
    Mythological possessor of the "Midas touch", the power to transmute whatever he touched into gold. Midas was a king of Phrygia, a region nowadays part of Turkey."

Interesting word "transmute". Where have I seen that word before? Oh yeah, page 56. Right before "lead into gold".

mnseeker is offline Needs to say Hello! mnseeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Question.
    On page 17 about half way down, read this:

He had worked on the box for almost a. year,

Does anyone else have a period after the letter a?

sk8tingmom is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sk8tingmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't.

dehlen is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    dehlen is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't either.
    Just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel, someone orders more tunnel.

+ Reply to Thread