+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creature group

searcher is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    searcher is on a distinguished road

Default Flying creatures

Could the numbers on each mushroom on page 100 refer to an individual creature in the flying pattern? For instance - the first mushroom is 5-1. Should that be applied only to the ladybug who is the lead flyer?

cyberkeith is offline Needs to say Hello! cyberkeith is an unknown quantity at this point

Default snail

Notice that the snail has the two extra antenna that corresponds with the picture in the lower section of the letter block on page 66?

That snail is pointed north towards the fairy, which also points East and West.

Just thinking
    Keith

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

(Pg 43) My take on the order of "attack".

In the text no direction is given. The list is Grasshopper on Hummingbird, Ant on Butterfly, Bee on Snail, Spider on Dragonfly, Firefly & Beetle on Caterpillar, Ladybug leading:

G A B S F&B L
    H B S D C

In the sillouette: direction is implied as west

L A B S B&F B
    .. B S D C H

(note that this image is reversed on page 103, direction implied as east)

Hope this makes sense... hard to post.

Why are the text and sillouette different? Could this be a Code? Without using the Ladybug (group leader), there are 11 letters one on top of another,,, except for B&F. Could these be converted to numbers? and the Butterfly and Firefly interchangeable?

Bet this is as clear as mud......... but I hope someone can use the info.

pcalton is offline Junior Twelever Copper pcalton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix
    This plus the text above it screams ordering mechanism to me...I'll be darned if I have figured it out yet though...

fenix
    I agree on the idea of ordering but I'm not familiar with mechanism to apply... can you elaborate?

2112 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper 2112 is an unknown quantity at this point

...I can't help but notice that the sillouette on pg 34 is different than the text...I belileve originally posted by debz... the 'grasshopper perched on hummingbird's back"...looks nothing like a grasshopper to me... perhaps I am looking too hard for things that aren't there...but I've never seen a grasshopper that looks like that...

Quote Originally Posted by 2112
    ...I can't help but notice that the sillouette on pg 34 is different than the text...I belileve originally posted by debz... the 'grasshopper perched on hummingbird's back"...looks nothing like a grasshopper to me... perhaps I am looking too hard for things that aren't there...but I've never seen a grasshopper that looks like that...
    Perhaps, as according to Hunting4Treasure above, the "grasshopper" in the sillouette is more like this:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthrop...oleoptera.html

The Coleoptera also includes some of the largest insects, like the living Hercules beetle, Dynastes hercules, shown here.

now......... WHY??
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

At first I thought the grasshopper looked weird too, but then I realized that his head is bowed down. Is this why people think he looks strange, or is it the shape of his body?

Trainor is offline Twelever Silver Trainor is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted too add something about the grasshoppper, as long as we are on the subject. Isn't he the only one that does not have dialogue in the story?
    Please double check me.

Trainor

suelough is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Diamond
    suelough will become famous soon enough

Hummingbird doesn't talk either. Interesting that the two who do not speak are paired up in the travelling groups.

Sue
    Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

Quote Originally Posted by suelough
    Hummingbird doesn't talk either. Interesting that the two who do not speak are paired up in the travelling groups.

Sue
    Pg 97 does state that "Hummingbird hummed hungrily."

It is a great use of alliteration.
    That being said, maybe the letter H (8th letter), plays an important role for the Hummingbird.
    Also, word count would be 11, 6, 8 (Don't know if this means anything)
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2