+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pages 98/103 & 34 comparison; insects leaving and return

wpglaeser is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze wpglaeser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Pages 98/103 & 34 comparison; insects leaving and return

Has anybody noticed the differences between how the flying animals carry the non-flying ones on these pages? One where they're leaving and the other where they're returning with their mates?

Notice:

1. Each way, the ladybug(s) is/are first
    2. Ant/Buttefly are included on the way out, but not back.
    3. Out: text says grasshopper on hummingbird, but picture doesn't look like a grasshopper to me.
    4. The order in the text is different than the picture (p 34) and 98 vs 103

MStadther must've had this be part of the solution, or why would he bother with the errata sheet on his web site?

als66 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper als66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good observation. I'm wondering if, in his attempt to edit the second beetle out, he didn't notice that butterfly and ant were missing. Wonder if they were the ones that were supposed to be between those commas instead of beetle? Or maybe he knows very well that they're missing, like you said. It would be nice to bring this to his attention and see what is response is. Maybe someone should ask him at the booksigning in SF this weekend?

Hunting4Treasure is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    Hunting4Treasure is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by als66
    Good observation. I'm wondering if, in his attempt to edit the second beetle out, he didn't notice that butterfly and ant were missing. Wonder if they were the ones that were supposed to be between those commas instead of beetle? Or maybe he knows very well that they're missing, like you said. It would be nice to bring this to his attention and see what is response is. Maybe someone should ask him at the booksigning in SF this weekend?
    I *did* mention this, on the same thread where he cleared up the Beetle thing, but he *never* commented about the missing Ant and Butterfly! Which tells me, anyway, that their absence was intentional. What could he say? "I can't comment on that"? That would be a dead giveaway! LOL
    _/\_
    \AG/
    // \\ Week 11
    PerplexCity Cards I Have/Need - Updated Oct 25
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our grandchildren."

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I mentioned this in another thread, but in this list of who is returning, there is a set of ellipses, which are only used (speaking from an editors point of view) to indicate something is missing, or left out. Because they are there, I'm going to assume ant and butterfly are missing on purpose.

MYDUK is offline Junior Twelever Copper MYDUK is an unknown quantity at this point

ant butterfly anagram:

nary butt felt
    think positive...test negative!
    quack! quack! quack!
    The "N" on The Corhuskers' helmets stands for
    nowledge!

wpglaeser is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze wpglaeser is an unknown quantity at this point

Default maybe...

maybe it's the "one that is missing you did not see"???

dhandelsman is offline Needs to say Hello! dhandelsman is an unknown quantity at this point

There are several things troubling about the pictures and descriptions of the creatures, beyond what's already been posted. The creature riding the hummingbird is supposed to be the grasshopper, but no matter how I look at it, it just doesn't look like any of the grasshoppers represented in the story. I think it looks most like the creature depicted on the real token shown on page 110. Also, the wings on the hummingbird seem to be deliberately obscuring the picture of what's riding it. For all of the other depictions, the wings of one creature leave a clear view of the other creature.

spectrechaser is offline Junior Twelever Bronze spectrechaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by als66
    I mentioned this elsewhere, but I will repeat.--- On the official ATT website, someone complained about the error of the second beetle AND that he missed including Ant and Butterfly. She then posted his response: "The second Beetle was the only error."
    " The environment is where we all meet; where we all have mutual interest; it is the one thing that all of us share. It is not only a mirror of ourselves, but a focusing lens on what we become...--- NLASDNYA HBOIJBI

mackadoo is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver mackadoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by spectrechaser
    On the official ATT website, someone complained about the error of the second beetle AND that he missed including Ant and Butterfly. She then posted his response: "The second Beetle was the only error."
    Spectrechaser,
    who is "she?" Is it the person who complained or did you mean to type "he" and are therefore quoting MS?

little confused here... sorry.
    Calgon, take me away! To the jewels preferably!

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she refers to the person who posted the question originally

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast