+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Magic Eye"

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Default "Magic Eye"

Has anyone had any more luck determining what the picture might be. I thought I'd post this here, even though it was discussed over at quest4treas. but as that's no more, I thought we should get it back here.

What's been found so far:

three box like designs along the bottom yellow like, with the third being taller than the other two

along the top, three short boxes.

Any other thoughts?

Cat957 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    Cat957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try looking from all sides. (Always try to line up the edges of the book.)

I saw more boxes at all the edges, some smaller. And there were odd "single" boxes higher in the book.

But it's very difficult for me to figure out anything helpful in it.
    "It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." (Henry David Thoreau)

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I find that it's much, much easier to see the stereogrammed depth if you white out the thistles on the outside of the book, as well as the pickensrooter and "Ye Nomenclature" text. It's virtually impossible for the human eye to be able to see a Magic Eye puzzle with those distracting images, which automatically force you to pull-focus. Still, even when I look at the page without the distractions, I haven't been able to get a definitive word or image.

I'm still positive there's something there, though. And it will be a HUGE clue, I think. Page 37 is the most obvious optical-illusion puzzle that we have in the book, and I'm sure Stadther meant for it to be difficult to see. Keep working at it. Don't give up!

Lotsa98 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Lotsa98 is an unknown quantity at this point

What y'all are describing with the boxes sounds suspiciously like the "turning eight heads into six heads" thing in the companion book. Has anyone been able to sketch what they are seeing? I can't see these Magic Eye pictures to save my life.

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried sketching it as I see it, and then if I put them on top of each other, but still couldn't figure it out.

Turkeymonkey, were you able to see anything else other than what we described after whiting out the distractions?

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

If you hold the book sideways, and look just above the metal clasp, you should be able to see an image that looks like an elongated fleur-de-lis. (Actually, it looks more like a strap with a playing-card style "club" on the end).

I've also seen a box at the top of the book. And other images, which I can't see well enough to accurately describe.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

Spades is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Spades is an unknown quantity at this point

Default colors

has anyone tried to use color film paper or polarized glasses on this?
    Some people are like slinkies, completely useless but you still have to smile when you see one fall down.

I've tried sunglasses, tinted brown, but I don't know that they are polarized. It actually only make it harder to see. Putting just a regular piece of glass over the pic made it easier to see (for me anyway).

timmyzimmy is offline Needs to say Hello! timmyzimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Bee?

I think what ChptleLvr is seeing is a bee. I'm pretty sure I see a bee. Turn the book clockwise 90. One inch from the lower right cornerk, walking to the corner.
    Also, my first guess on reading it, it red film. Like the secret code in honeycombs. But I can't find any. I tried Photoshoping all the red out, but it didn't work.

[/quote]

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, I'm not describing a bee. The image is very long... the whole width (short side) of the book.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast