+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Method to See the Nomenclature cover words

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Method to See the Nomenclature cover words

For Pcalton, Spiderman, and the rest of you...I warn you that this was a very laborious procedure for me - about 20 total hours. The writing on the cover is in red letters that are in script (elven) and are not in straight lines. These are the steps I took.
    !. Scan in the picture into a photoshop program. I am not an expert here, so I tried many different things, mostly altered the contrast, increased the intensity of the red in the adjust hue section and tried to darken the darks. I played with despeckling, and with filters and many other things to try to get a sharper image. You may do just as well just enlarging it to page size and printing it.
    2. This is the part I did not include but hinted at. MJS has inserted extra material veritically in the piece which you have to cover up, like the matching heads in the companion book. I noticed three faint vertical lines, not straight, on the page looking both with the naked eye and then with the magnifier. Find the lines by looking for places where the dots are bunched up or where there are faint white or red lines.
    3. Cut carefully along the lines.
    4. Now darken all the black areas, including the white spaces between the dots.
    5. Do not darken the area close to the red where it gets red speckles.
    6. Watch for letters as you're inking.
    7. Once you've inked it, move the left section slightly over the middle, then the middle over the right section so that some incomplete red areas will fill in. Tape them down with double sided tape.
    8. If you've done this correctly, the word SYSTEMS should be across the whole top. Continue to bring the black areas in close to the letters until you can read the words. I did most of this using a stand magnifying glass.
    9 Some of the letters are hidden by the fairy. you kinda have to wing it for these areas.
    I have an artist's eye for changes in value and hue, so this gave me an advantage. (you guys have the experience in ciphers that I don't have).
    I truely hope this helps.
    Yup, I'm almost blind, also , Spiderman. May send MJS a bill for having my eyes examined and possibly my head! Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

sprince is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sprince is an unknown quantity at this point

Default BOOK COVER

Chris, Thanks for the help did you find a "big Z" down by the farie? I want to know if I am doing this right.
    Thanks cause I am not good at any of this.

The writing is fairly small toward the bottom of the page. Didn't see a Z. Sounds like several letters together.
    Chris

RENaissance ARTist

lecia1212 is offline Twelever Silver lecia1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone else see a lion or dog on the cover of the book? I think my eyes are permanently crossed.
    The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

jtsarnak is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper jtsarnak is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm just a firm believer in the "Keep it Simple" crowd, and this isn't meant to be a dig at you or your work, but this seems like way too much to be anything more than seeing what your mind is telling you is there.

I believe that everything we need is right there in front of us. If you had to scan it into a photo editing program, change all types of hues and contrast just to aid you in an even more difficult process, it honestly seems like you could find whatever you wanted if you tried hard enough. Like the people who are decoding shapes using a hypothesized key which leads to jibberish which they cryptogram into more nonsense which they then anagram into something like "golden signs show true" and then try to figure out what THAT means.

I believe the codes are decoded using a specific method and once decoded will give you its intended message. If you need to pass it through 3 types of decoding methods to get anything, you didn't find the correct method of coding and the correct key to decode it.

If there is something in that cover, it should be easy enough to trace out or manipulate with naked eye and without computer assistance.

Unless you believe what you have decoded is groundbreaking to this whole effort and are willing to share, I remain an unbeliever and encourage you and others to rexamine your methods and ask yourself if you really think you've found an intentional clue or not.

deboriole is offline Twelever Silver deboriole is an unknown quantity at this point

On the other hand, perhaps there are several clues hidden around the book like renart found -- not essential to solving the puzzle, but somewhat helpful nonetheless. I wouldn't put it past Mr. Stadther to include some wicked visual puzzles that would turn out to say "There are thirteen" (or something similar) which really does not help in the overall, it's just a reinforcer.

Now, since I don't know the entire text on that page, you can bet I will be Photoshopping that page after work tonight!

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

Chris, thanks for the technique. I will give it a shot when I manage to get some more white paper for my printer! I'm down to blue and can't imagine it'd be easy to work with.

As for the skeptic above, I welcome his or her ideas as well. Mr. Stadther has said several times that you need not solve all the puzzles to find a token, so every single bit of information that we can get might help. Chris was incredibly generous to offer a technique to solve a page when so many of us are only getting headaches. We can all verify it on our own time. If you aren't really trying to solve the 'big' puzzle then you won't run into the red herrings or the less-informative sections. Maybe the skeptic just isn't trying hard enough. I for one have very definite strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this book, and greatly appreciate the minds and thoughts of others who are willing to share. Remain skeptical if you want; I appreciate the process. Thanks, Chris.

While I cannot verify that I have every single word correct (as previously stated), in my opioion the page adds FOUR more lines to the first poem. It has two what I think again are very important clues for what to do with the numbers the grids will generate. Whether you think that would be important to know is for you to decide.
    I've shared the method I used. I'm not just making up the letters. Again, I'm not a graphic artist - I work with a brush. If I was very familiar with all the tricks of Corel or Photoshop, maybe I could have cleaned up the image better and made the process easier.

I posted the prior note in response to requests from many of you. I gave you the method I used so you can verify it yourself. There may be other easier ways to see what is written there. I took two days out of trying to solve other stuff because I believed something important was hidden on the cover. I think MJS used a graphics program to alter the page so it makes sense to try using one to alter it back. You may be able to see what you need if you just darken it, enlarge it and print.

I think the whole point of the book is that we should look below the surface of things we encounter and search for the hidden meanings there that might be more valuable than we know.

Thank you , Spiderman.
    I must have been typing when your post came on. Iappreciate your thoughts. I was feeling a little "rained on" and now I feel sunny again.

I will probable post the text soon, but I really want verification from some of the rest of you about the accuracy of it.

And I need an edge, I REALLY NEED AN EDGE, with all you brilliant code breakers out there.

Back to the mines of Moria, also known as ATT!

So, Spiderman, hang in there!

(pun intended)

Chris

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

Anything for an artist in NC. (My sister has studio space in Raleigh.) As for the edge, I have NONE! I've been working on page 36 with some luck. I might give it one more go tonight before posting what I've found. I've never seen it all posted before; if nothing else it'll jump start a few more brains. And as for my name, it was to keep me inspired, that's all. Thanks again for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast