+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What the stereogram shows...

haf
    haf is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    haf is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a stereogram. It is real. The numbers are 18052. There may be more but I havent found any. I have a heeluva time trying to see it - until the image was on a computer monitor. There is no way to post hoc manipulate the pixels of the image to make these numbers (ie not "put in" or cut up). They are not subtle. They are large and apparent. I agree it is the most difficult stereogram I have ever tried to work- but I am not lying and I am not trying to mislead people. The numbers are there- keep trying and use the computer image.

haf
    Bronze

you dont think that MS would make it an easy stereogram do you? Any thoughts on what the numbers mean- are they applied to the 5x5 grid?

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Haf,
    I see what you're seeing. However, i believe the "lines" of red making up your numbers are simply part of the underlying letters. There are no numbers except the date at the bottom in which MJS created this page.
    Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

jsvorhees is offline Needs to say Hello! jsvorhees is an unknown quantity at this point

I also see the numbers but haven't been able to confirm with my book. I had to back away from the screen about 3 feet but they are there.

jenrn4u is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    jenrn4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by haf
    Its a stereogram. It is real. The numbers are 18052. There may be more but I havent found any. I have a heeluva time trying to see it - until the image was on a computer monitor. There is no way to post hoc manipulate the pixels of the image to make these numbers (ie not "put in" or cut up). They are not subtle. They are large and apparent. I agree it is the most difficult stereogram I have ever tried to work- but I am not lying and I am not trying to mislead people. The numbers are there- keep trying and use the computer image.
    Haf
    I'm not trying to say it isn't real, but when I put MY scan of the Nomenclature cover next to this and compare them...there are differences where the stereogram is.

I, too, see the numbers in the scan on the URL that you posted. They are VERY clear and precise. What I'm saying is that the scan at that URL and the scan I made of the page don't match exactly when compared side by side. You said it had been "manipulated", I'm assuming change in contrast, etc. Do you know exactly how??? I can't seem to reproduce it from my own scan of the page.

I also CANNOT see the stereogram in a similar-sized image from my own scan, no matter what I do with contrast, etc...ONLY the scan at that URL (and I had NO problem seeing the numbers in that one).

I don't mean to be Doubting Thomas here, but it just doesn't make sense that I can't reproduce the stereogram from my own scan, but in the scan at that URL the stereogram is SO precise and pops out easily.

Jen

haf
    Bronze

well maybe there is something to your theory. I "found" the numbers using the scan as you did - that was provided by Rdshackleford. I found the scan in a link on 12Gems. The scan was quoted as being "manipulated". I felt that meant contrast settings and such. I was able to see the numbers fairly easily on the computer but I havenot been able to do so using the actual text. I assummed it was my ability and the graphic being smaller.

Rdshackleford has posted on this board under "a zip code stereogram" that there are no images in the cover and that he conducted an experiment to proove a point by posting the images. I am amzed that he could (if he is now being honest and not trying to divert folks yet again) that he could manipulate a graphic to actually create the images I have seen without an incredible amount of time and expertise. The numbers are all the same size, spaced perfectly, and the same font style.

If this turns out that Rdshackleford has manipulated us intentionally then I feel this is completely unsportsmanlike behavior and Rusty deserves a place in the hall of shame. Furthermore, I wouldnt put an ounce into his theories from now on. If it isnt a hoax then I feel it would be an important number-as it is extremely difficult to pull out.

For now I would be interested in further confirmation. Cedrtainly these numbers can be seen on the scan. Can anyone see them on the original or non-manipulated graphic?

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

i didn't feel rdshackleford was trying to hoodoo us. i appreciated his being able to do what some of us didn't have the knowhow to do or the ways.
    i never saw any numbers, and to me it was just another piece i didn't have to worry about

whisper

Distraction is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Distraction is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone see it using only the book picture?

rdshackleford is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    rdshackleford is on a distinguished road

Have you guys been talking about me behind my back?

Just joking.

So what do you think of the whole 'stereogram' idea?

Distraction is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Distraction is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea is great, but does not work in this hunt.

No one can see anything in the actual book or a direct scan - only in your manipulated scan, which is inadmissable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2