+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What the stereogram shows...

haf
    haf is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    haf is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What the stereogram shows...

The stereogram shows the number 18052 located below the word nomenclature and above the fairy. I only found this through the grace and assistance of others. It is difficult- but definately real and deliberate.

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You're going to have to do better than that, haf. Take a read through the "Magic Eye" thread, paying special attention to all of the tortured accounts of people trying and failing to see depth in this image, much less a word or number code. Just today I posted about how I got a pair of glasses that unfailingly allow me to any kind of stereogram image, and yet p. 37 yielded nada.

If you're gonna proclaim that the secret message is 18052, you'll need a little more esplanin' than "I only found this through the grace and assistance of others."

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Please.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

haf
    Bronze

I dont know how long this link will be up- it is a scanned image that has been manipulated and cut. I did not do this but found it on the net.

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/8785/yenomen114au.jpg

There is a fairly active forum on the "brainstorming" area of 12Gems that details how to see the image

Once you see it, there is no going back- definately real, definately deliberate. Not hard to see once your eyes adjust. I post the link because I found it far easier to see on the computer monitor than in the book. There may be additional images, but I have been unable to find them (refer to 12Gems).

Here are some sample posts:

"The five numbers are 1 8 0 5 2. hidden within the cover found using magic eye. And its no mistake. they are shaped like computer typed numbers. However, this is only right under 'of faeries' and above the pickenrooter on the front cover."

"I absolutely see eye to eye! Pardon the pun! 18052! Amazing!
    WHITEHALL, PA or possibly HOKENDAUQUA, PA"

"I'm getting 18052 also. Amazing. Without blowing it up, I don't think it would be possible."

"Finally I see the five numbers! Once I saw the 8 the others jumped out at me quickly. Does anyone see anything else on here? Thanks rd for all your help on this page. It's been the one page that I keep going back to. I just hope we all get some closure on this whole thing one day!"

Listen- if you don't believe me- don't believe me. I refuse to be a Lyric. Why is it when someone posts a hint or solution folks tell them to read the same old tired threads I have read over and over. Please do not chastise people that are posting here. I am sorry your glasses didn't work- but you are wrong on this one. The numbers are there.

And by the way I did find this through the grace and assistance of others- I have found "the other forum" to be far more professional to those contributing.

I have given up actually finding a token- I am just interested in the puzzle. If you want more information then simply ask- please do not lecture me about what I have written.

When you see the numbers, don't thank me, thank the guys at the other forum.

jenrn4u is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    jenrn4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by haf
    I dont know how long this link will be up- it is a scanned image that has been manipulated and cut. I did not do this but found it on the net.

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/8785/yenomen114au.jpg

It looks like it has been manipulated all right...
    If anyone's scanned this pic into their computer, compare them carefully, side by side. Let me know what you find.

I'm not big into conspiracy theory, and maybe my eyes aren't that great, but it looks too me like the page has been altered.

Someone else check this against your own scan, please...
    At this point, I don't trust my own eyes. I can see the number in the manipulated scan very easily, but CANNOT make it out at all in my own scan or the book.

Jen

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to burst your conspiracy theory, but this is the image that rdshackleford posted. Check out the magic eye threads. He was wondering if anyone else saw some numbers.

Incidentally, I cannot see the stinkin' numbers. I wish I could as I've spent HOURS looking for SOMETHING on this page to make sense.

Cheryl E is offline Junior Twelever Copper Cheryl E is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post. Like so many others I am trying to see the numbers. Need your help. Are the numbers located in the space below the word Nomenclature but above the words of Faeries? Where does the first number begin in relationship to these letters? Thanks.

haf
    Bronze

The numbers are eually spaced across the width of the cover. On my computer screen, when the image is fully expanded, they are about 3/4 of an inch. They are not a specific color, which may be why they can be difficult to see. Once you see them it is a "duh" moment. They are in the space immediately below the lettering and above the fairy.

Hope this helps.

Maybe those glasses might help on the expanded image placed on the computer screen...

Distraction is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Distraction is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been creating and viewing stereograms since 1992, when I bought the first Star-E-O-Gram Workshop software for DOS. Since then, I've never once NOT been able to see a stereogram. Most in less than 2 seconds of letting the eyes scan through a range of focus depths.

This picture is not a stereogram In fact, there are no stereograms in this book.

Distraction is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Distraction is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll actually go one step further...

You definitely CAN cross your eyes and see layers in the picture, quite easily if you turn it 90-degrees. Along the spine of the book (to about the F in Faeries) you can see what might be mistaken for a city skyline. But if you zoom in and observe the faint borders you can see that it's because of the tiling used to create the red area in and around the lettering.

Along the open end of the book is the same effect but with a more granular 'skyline' near the faerie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast