+ Reply to Thread

Thread: booboo

ebear is offline Junior Twelever Copper ebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Default booboo

Not quite sure where to post this but,.....
    I was trying renarts solution to the YNOF cover and was having trouble so I scanned the pic and tried to email it to my son so he could use a better program on it. Anyway I goofed when I typed in his email addy and it was returned. This may be my computer challenged blonde streak showing, but when I looked to see why it had come back, it had translated all the info for the pic into a code of letters and numbers. Wonder if there could be something there?
    Don't yell at me if its stupid. I'm frying my brain here and making little progress so I'm probably just grasping........................

perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road

That's pretty funny, ebear. I'm computer-challenged, too (no help here), but wouldn't it be a hoot?

PP

deboriole is offline Twelever Silver deboriole is an unknown quantity at this point

It is easy for us to look at an image, but the computer has to break that image down into numbers (or a "data stream"). The computer relies on this code to present that image when it is asked. If you interrupt the code somehow, the result will be that you see a very complicated string of numbers (the data stream) rather than the image itself.

The computer generates the code, so although it would be very cool, I highly doubt MS would be able to custom-tailor a code to fit with the image he wanted to display.

And while it is a code of numbers, it is never five to a side.

Deb

ebear is offline Junior Twelever Copper ebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I figured i was being blonde, but since I'm not really getting anywhere I'm grasping>

+ Reply to Thread