+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ye Nomenclature of Faeries - the book cover

OHtroverD is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper OHtroverD is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Ye Nomenclature of Faeries - the book cover

I thought I saw a place for this, but didn't find it under images, so I'm posting this here as part of the text section.

Has anyone tried laying a piece of red acetate over the page to see what is left? I know it's an old trick, but it used to be a popular way of hiding things. The Bible I had as a kid did this with orange on the page and red acetate. Hm, maybe we need a colour besides red?

Has anyone checked the pages for invisible ink? I've heated many of the pages under a light bulb trying to look for hidden things like the trees and letters hidden between the trees in the upper right corner on p. 93. So far I haven't found any, but I know that was another popular way of hiding messages that was used in the kids book on codes and secret messages that was popular in the 1960's.

elady is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze elady is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that has been attempted by others. I got the red "decoder" out of the kids "cranium cadoo" game and it didn't help.

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

People have tried all kinds of colored overlays, photoshopping with different color filters, etc, but as far as I know, nothing has been found. But fresh eyes might see something.

topherBR1 is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    topherBR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I remember everyone giving this a shot a while back. I used like four different shades of color overlays on it and zilch. Nothing wrong with checking for yourself though. I think it's established at this point what kind of method is used to find these locations, but as i've said before there's probably a lot more subtle clues that we've missed along the way. Guess we'll all find out in the end.

chris
    any day above ground is a good day

GapGuy is offline Junior Twelever Bronze GapGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

My girlfriend and I have put a hair dryer to each page and...

nada!
    If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning.

+ Reply to Thread