+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Page 37 YNOF Cover is all cut and paste

pmb
    pmb is offline Needs to say Hello! pmb is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Page 37 YNOF Cover is all cut and paste

The honeycomb pattern on YNOF book cover is entirely composed of cuts and pastes of two basic patterns. These two patterns also appear on the lower left of the inside cover of the book on page 38. The remainder of the inside cover pattern can not be reproduced from these patterns.

Back when page 37 was under a lot of debate, I looked for the base patterns and the layout of the pasted pieces to see if any info was hidden there. While it was interesting, I found no hidden meanings.

grandmama is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    grandmama is an unknown quantity at this point

These patterns remind me of the puzzle on page 70 of the companion book. Maybe someone can do something with this.

pmb

The two base patterns were cut and pasted to form a larger composite pattern. If you look down the left side of the cover you will see this pattern repeated four times. Similarly across the top and bottom, also four times. It's as if MS made a four by four grid of this composite pattern and then added additional pastings so it would not be obvious. The lower right corner of the cover is this pattern almost in its entirety. All the subsequent pastings are still of this composite pattern, either as shown or rotated ninety degrees.

Hopefully you can see how I got drawn in and kept following this lead. Alas, nothing.
    In the image below, the colors are to identify which base pattern was used.

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks pmb, that must have taken some time.

pmb

If you believe (as I do) that the cover was initially filled in with 16 pastings of the composite pattern - then this image shows the sections that remain intact.

grandmama is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    grandmama is an unknown quantity at this point

It resembles a city block.

+ Reply to Thread