+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the Red dot

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Default the Red dot

My book has a very plainly visible blood red dot next to the acorn where the page number 70 appears.

Why ? That is no accidental red dot.

It is deliberate.

Why?
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

LanceC is offline Junior Twelever Bronze LanceC is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see a red dot on mine HT. First Edition, Second printing, paper-back.

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh, is the book playing tricks on you, Hunnytree? I don't see anything unless I stare at that acorn awful hard -- in which case I get sort of the reverse effect of the "disappearing ladybug" trick (CB puzzle 57). But I'm assuming that's not what you're talking about.

Prego or Ragu, maybe?

suelough is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Diamond
    suelough will become famous soon enough

Sorry, Hunnytree. I checked my hardcover and my softcover - no red dots!

Sue
    Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

NONE of the above. It is a perfect printed red dot just to the immediate left of the acorn numbering page 70. PRINTED. PERFECT. Under a magnifying glass. It is there. In my book. It is there.

Nevertheless, if you don't have the same red dot. I will concede MY red dot to the relative obivion that so many other little idiosyncrasies have been relegated to. So be it. Amen. Hunnytree has spoken.

Wahhhhh. I loved my red dot. My red dot was real. So there.

wellllllllllll I just looked at my second, brand new, never been checked out or opened copy of ATT ....

this is a bit of a mind blower to me

NO DOT pg 70
    but
    THIS pg 70 ACORN is like the ACORNS you all have ... that are a littttttle bit darker than all the rest

I went BACK and ck'd the acorn in the first book. The dot is there for sure in the FIRST BOOK...but the pg 70 acorn is the SAME LIGHTER SHADE as all the OTHER ACORNS ! I recall your posts regarding the pg 70 acorn being a littttttle bit darker than all the others.

Not in my first book ! Just a red perfect printed dot next to the pg 70 acorn.

surmise: the RED DOT was a "printer's reference point" - so that THAT acorn would be made a "littttttttle bit darker"...

observation: The pg 70 acorn is definitely deliberately made to appear a "litttttttle darker" than all the other acorns.

whaddyathink ?? fascinating at least !

hippodude is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze hippodude is an unknown quantity at this point

i dunno hunny ... this seems like a bit of a stretch to me ...

my pg 70 has no dot and a pretty normal looking acorn

Patsicakes is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Patsicakes is an unknown quantity at this point

No red dot on my page either.

Years ago, I used to work for a printing company and I know that presses, templates and film negatives can affect the finihed product. These flaws are not always caught when books are collated. I have found numerous printing errors throughout this book, and if I'm not sure then I ask other readers.

You did right to confirm with others, so now I think you can dismiss this one.

outlandishfirst is offline Junior Twelever Copper outlandishfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

the acorn on my copy is way more dark than the on on the opposing page. so is the acorn on 67, 96, 27 43,53 and others ...printing?

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Just for the record:

I have first edition, second printing. No dot, but I do have a thin red line, like a streak to the left of my Acorn.
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast