+ Reply to Thread

Thread: darklings

lecia1212 is offline Twelever Silver lecia1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default darklings

Why is is that when the Darklings touch the living things in the forest they turn black, but when they touch Ana nothing happens?

In the branches high above her head, the Forest Creatures cowered, helpless. The leaves that hid them, where the Darklings had brushed against the old oak were withering, mottled black.

Then, the entire swarm surrounded her, lifted her, and carried her from her home, high over Yorah and the trembling creatures, away over the dying Forest toward the grotto.
    The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

honeybee is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze honeybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. Also, why are the darklings not turned to stone by the dust, but the Pickensrooters are careful not to touch it? I thought maybe the dust needed to be activated by the sun, but that doesn't work either. All very curious.
    "...you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you."

glm
    glm is offline Junior Twelever Bronze glm is an unknown quantity at this point

I left my book at work, but isn't there something in there where Rusful was teasing the darklings by not giving them the dust they craved to eat? Maybe that's what they eat???

Gail the Snail

glm
    glm is offline Junior Twelever Bronze glm is an unknown quantity at this point

Default afterthought

The Darklings do eat the black dust. So, if Rusful makes the black dust, and Rusful is now dead.... what do the Darklings eat?

Gail the Snail

grandmama is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    grandmama is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever they ate before Rusful showed up among them. Early on in the book it said that the Darklings had always been arouund, although that is not a direct quote. I read someone thought they were flies. I thought that maybe thet were mosquitos.

+ Reply to Thread