+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image on Moon

Eddie is offline Needs to say Hello! Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Image on Moon

Has anyone else noticed the small yellow and blue image on the moon, page 54? There are also several other pages which contain similar marks, page 87, 76, 75, and 62. I doubt if these are meaningless.
    eddie

seanriddle is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper seanriddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Eddie-

I don't have any yellow and blue image on the moon on page 54. Maybe a printing error in your book?

That picture on page 54 bugs me- right before a solar eclipse, you can't see the moon in the sky. What would be illuminating the moon? The sun is on the other side of it. Also, the thing that makes a total solar eclipse so cool is the coincidence that the moon and the sun have the same relative size in our sky. But in this picture, the moon is much larger. Maybe that's a hint that the story takes place far in the past? Tidal forces sped up the moon, moving it further away from the Earth. With the moon that much larger than the sun, total solar eclipses would be much more common.

Sean

Sean,
    Interesting! You are right about the picture. I also found it strange. Please look on page 62. Do you have a small red dot with a blue center, middle of page, 2.75 inches from the bottom?
    Eddie

seanriddle is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper seanriddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Eddie-

Is that in the loop of the root, above a rock?

Nope, nothing there, either.

Sean

Thanks for checking these out. Seems I have a book with a few anomalies. eddie

mistedangel is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper mistedangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Please look on page 62. Do you have a small red dot with a blue center, middle of page, 2.75 inches from the bottom?
    Eddie

It's funny you mention this, I saw a similar dot on pg 41 (in the upper left corner, to the right of a leaf that has a dot on it and looks like an eyeball!) Must be a printing error. I saw no red dots on pg 62.

Angel-

I've got the "eye-leaf" (weird!) but no dot to the right of it.

Sean

+ Reply to Thread