MPowers is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    MPowers will become famous soon enough

Default Pg.

Here's some speculation

MPowers is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    MPowers will become famous soon enough

Default Pg. 6 symbols - Lat/Long Coordinates?

I've been thinking lately that the worldwide hunt is to find 100 pairs of latitude and longitude coordinates for landmarks in the SOTAD book. With that in mind, I'm speculating that the symbols on page 6 are for a lat/long pair. The 'tic-tac-toe' symbols represent numbers and the double crescent and dot-in-circle symbols give directions.

In the on-line REFLECTION clue, Sue discovered 'LOOK HERE' with the E corresponding to an empty circle. On page 6, the dot-in-circle may represent East with the double crescent representing another North or South. There are no 'tic-tac-toe' symbols in the reflection clue, and I'm guessing the REFLECTION clue wasn't meant to have numbers.

What about latitude and longitude?

Maybe the degrees, minutes, and seconds should be converted to radians. The abbreviation for radians is RAD. DAR knows RAD?

Pale Drophidians ~ Help: do pi radians ?

What about the red hare-rings? Maybe they're not red -

vermillion hare-ring ~ have million-err ring (have millionaire ring)?

Just some speculation to stimulate thinking. I'm attaching kwesi's drawing from the SOTAD website with two pairs of symbols highlighted. With so many symbols, I think it's interesting to see two matches.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3