+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Probable translation of the symbols

mom924 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper mom924 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that it's not a valid eclipse. But it is a valid syzygy. All that is required for a syzygy is that three celestial bodies are lined up.

It just seems to me that there are too many clues on these 2 pages that tie it all together. There is the inset picture, fig.44 with dotted lines across the two pages. And all the mention of syzygies. And look at the initial 4 strings of symbols. The third and fourth seem to contain a greater proportion of elements, while the first and second appear to be the "missing" elements. This enforces the theory that the third and fourth stay put on the page. Also, the "sun" string has 6 symbols which could spell out the word sun when the symbols are paired up properly. The "moon" string has 7 symbols which could spell out a 4 letter word with 3 pairs and one symbol used twice (probably the middle one). And finally the variations of the words sun & moon right next to the strings of symbols.
    I'm swirling & coalescing, but I'm still not understanding.

JERIMIAH is offline Junior Twelever Bronze JERIMIAH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Gizmo View Post
    Kappy, remember I said that I thought the short string equals DARK spelled forward and backward and the long string equals LIGHT spelled forward and backward. If that really is the case, then Kimberton, Knocka and you are all right, but so is the layout of mom's illustration. Mom included the words that are found in the vicinity of the strings, but those may very well be red herrings to throw you off. The line from Earth through DARK to LIGHT may be a valid clue.
    So we can surmize that the R in reflection from the reflection clue would match the r in dark from the short string and the L in reflection from the reflection clue would match the L in light from the long string. Anybody want to confirm.
    Infinity = no boundaries. No boundaries = Chaos Theory. Theres no upper or lower limits to electro-magnetic spectrum. All energy waves go infinitely small to infinitely large the same as Pi goes on forever. To say the Universe has a beginning or an end is to create a boundary. Scientific Theory has always been evolving and continuously corrected to think the theory of your time is the correct one is to be as fanatical as all the religious fanatics of every world religion. Base 16 Cipher for Pi.

Mister_Gizmo is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver Mister_Gizmo is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by JERIMIAH View Post
    So we can surmize that the R in reflection from the reflection clue would match the r in dark from the short string and the L in reflection from the reflection clue would match the L in light from the long string. Anybody want to confirm.
    Jerimiah, there are 36 or 37 symbols in the Reflection clue, depending on who you talk to. I'm going to leave it up to you to decide for yourself if I'm right or wrong about the solution to that clue, but if I am right about the solution, you need to consider the following. There are only 10 letters in the word REFLECTION, so obviously, there is some method in play to create a single letter from one or multiple symbols. The two strings on page 6 are done in the same exact manner. Again, I'll leave it up to you to decide for yourself if I'm right or wrong.

I don't have a ring, and feel that I'm still a long way from getting one (if they're even available), but you'll discover the method I used when you solve the page 2 & 5 mystery strings.

Snickers is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Snickers is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mom924 View Post
    I agree that it's not a valid eclipse. But it is a valid syzygy. All that is required for a syzygy is that three celestial bodies are lined up.
    I am not sure it would actually qualify as a syzygy since such an alignment can't really occur. Have you considered inverting page 6? It has been a while since I looked at it, but don't you have to flip the two sets of symbols on top of another set to form the unified sets? Perhaps this is a hint to flip the page so the order would be sun-moon-earth? In a semi-related topic, the page 2 symbols, based on the pentagon orientations, appear to be upside down in relation to the page 5 symbols.

It is interesting that sun and moon have symbols associated, but not Earth. Perhaps this is a reduction puzzle. You combine the 4 sets of symbols down to 2, then you combine those two sets to come up with the "Earth" solution.

Regardless, it is a great find!

mom924 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper mom924 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't look like it will line up if page 6 is rotated and re-aligned with page 7. But maybe if rotated and shifted down an inch or two...
    I'm swirling & coalescing, but I'm still not understanding.

JERIMIAH is offline Junior Twelever Bronze JERIMIAH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Gizmo View Post
    Jerimiah, there are 36 or 37 symbols in the Reflection clue, depending on who you talk to. I'm going to leave it up to you to decide for yourself if I'm right or wrong about the solution to that clue, but if I am right about the solution, you need to consider the following. There are only 10 letters in the word REFLECTION, so obviously, there is some method in play to create a single letter from one or multiple symbols. The two strings on page 6 are done in the same exact manner. Again, I'll leave it up to you to decide for yourself if I'm right or wrong.

I don't have a ring, and feel that I'm still a long way from getting one (if they're even available), but you'll discover the method I used when you solve the page 2 & 5 mystery strings.

WWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW

Start at the the middle of the two top rays at the 12-O-clock position around the 28 lines,rays, bars, what ever you would like to reffer to them as around the good and rotten fruit on the top of the page where she is picking the rotten fruit from the tree. Create a number sequence by counting around clock wise to the first colored in ray then keep counting to the next write down the sequence of numbers until you get all the way around. Repeat going reverse clock-wise. Then count in starting with the letter string above using that sequence of numbers. Should get Wagons wheel okgys. Visually if you put that letter sequence in each of the 28 rays in those circles starting with the first W going into the first ray to the right of the middle of the two top rays at the 12-oclock position the colored in rays would spell out the message reading forward and then backwards.
    Infinity = no boundaries. No boundaries = Chaos Theory. Theres no upper or lower limits to electro-magnetic spectrum. All energy waves go infinitely small to infinitely large the same as Pi goes on forever. To say the Universe has a beginning or an end is to create a boundary. Scientific Theory has always been evolving and continuously corrected to think the theory of your time is the correct one is to be as fanatical as all the religious fanatics of every world religion. Base 16 Cipher for Pi.

Snickers is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Snickers is on a distinguished road

Start at the the middle of the two top rays at the 12-O-clock position around the 28 lines,rays, bars, what ever you would like to reffer to them as around the good and rotten fruit on the top of the page where she is picking the rotten fruit from the tree.
    There are 32 bars around each circle, not 28.

mike koz is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper mike koz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    Start at the the middle of the two top rays at the 12-O-clock position around the 28 lines,rays, bars, what ever you would like to reffer to them as around the good and rotten fruit on the top of the page where she is picking the rotten fruit from the tree.
    There are 32 bars around each circle, not 28.

Thank you
    Koz

The more I think about page 6, the more I tend to think it is tied to the shape symbols on page 5. When you combine the strings of symbols together, you get groupings of 6 and 7. If you break up the shape symbols on page 5 into groups of 5, you get 6 groupings in the top string, and 7 in the bottom. Now, granted, I have no "instruction" to divide them by 5 that I see, but it seems to be an interesting coincidence. Since they are in groupings of less than 5, perhaps 3243 is some sort of key that works on the groupings of symbols.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2