+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3243 Domino Theory

Frank41 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Frank41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default 3243 Domino Theory

I was playing around with different arrays of combinations of numbers and came across this coincidence. If you fill an eight by eight grid with all the number combinations of 0 through 7, you get something that looks like this.

If you think of it as an array of 64 dominoes, and add up all the dots, the sum is 448 dots. (3243 in base 5 = 448 base 10). Notice how the upper right and lower left are like a reflection of each other.

I haven't been able to use this idea successfully yet, but it seems it could be used with the grape clusters or the rotated acorns for starters.

festergq is offline Junior Twelever Bronze festergq is on a distinguished road

Nice Frank. You could be on to something, since an 8 on it's side is ∞. "A code for infinity". Turn the dominos on their sides and they become array sets.

Frank41 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Frank41 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't like zero's, heres another arrangement that also adds up to 448

Yet another arrangement. 224 dots in this cirle. 448 if you add it's mirror image.

Hummingbird is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Hummingbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Frank:
    I am not actively working on the hunt anymore...just checking in.
    I just wanted to say that this is an awesome observation.

+ Reply to Thread